SoberJason

Skydive San Diego vs. Pacific Coast Skydive

Skydive San Diego has a huge landing area, and yes, wingsuits are are allowed. They are flying 7 days a week with either an Otter or a Caravan depending on need. They are also a "full service" DZ with a gear store, rigging services, a food concession etc. The DZ has its own runway, so the take off and landing areas are together. Skydive San Diego does require an AAD for jumpers with less than 1000 jumps unless they are doing CReW.

I'm not sure Pacific Coast is even catering to experienced jumpers any more, so you should call the number and speak with them direct, as I think they may be doing tandems by appointment only now and I wouldn't want to mislead you.
Although I jumped years ago at Brown Field (where Pacific Coast is "based", but long before they were around), I was allowed to land on the airport itself, and have not landed on the Pacific Coast Skydiving DZ which is located in a field a couple miles from the airport...so I don't know how big the field they have is. There used to be a restaurant / bar on Brown Field (near the current Pac Skydiving facilities), but again, it has been years since I've been there.

The two locations are only a few miles apart, so weather conditions are usually quite similar...arguably the most consistent wind conditions on the West Coast, and year round jumping is quite comfortable.

Russ

Generally, it is your choice; will your life serve as an example... or a warning?