Badflaw

AFF Course Dropzone In California?

Hello , Im looking at dropzones in the states. Im conmpleltye new to skydiving and would like to take my AFF.

There is a lot of conjecture in the media about certain dropzones. Personally Id like to take advice from the sport community itself...

So far googles come up with Perris, Lodi and Davis. Are there any others around.

Obviously Price/Safety are the two imprtant factors: I want to pay as little as possible- whilst staying alive :-)
Thankyou in advance for any advice

There are a lot more dropzones in CA than those three. What city do you want to go to, or just anywhere in CA? How long are you staying? Do you need a place to stay on the dropzone, or do you have a car and hotel worked into your budget?

You really shouldn't base your decision on wanting to pay as little as possible. You should base it on the safety and training that you will get at a particular dropzone. Consider that a higher price at one place might mean that they spending more on maintaining their plane and gear. Those are two pretty important parts of the puzzle!

Give us some more info and we can help you. Also, check out the dropzones tab at the top of the page to read some reviews by skydivers.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Thanks for your response. I'll be landing In San Fran from he UK. Im hoping to dive for seven days straight

I havent booked any accomadation or a car yet, though I am able to if neccessary. I do not particulairly need to be near San Fran as after a week of skydiving ill be doing the tourist thing there , so Im guessing staying at the dropzone would be sociable and save money?

I'm completley new to skydiving ..but I was hoping a centre was either' safe' or 'not safe', rather than a sliding scale, and ,if safe I could then choose on price?