chuckakers

TeXXas 20-way & 10-way is back!!!

June 9-10 - Skydive Spaceland - Houston, Texas

Get out yer best cowboy booties and polish up those 10-gallon helmets, cuz the legendary TeXXas 20-way/10-way competition rides again!!!

For 15 years starting in the mid 1980’s, skydivers rode the dusty trails from 27 states and 7 countries to reach the Republic of Texas... to compete head-to-head in a friendly ol’ freefall meet of monumentally entertainin’ proportions. And now, thanks to more than a few town folk with a hankerin’ to bring back that Lone Star vibe, the world famous TeXXas 20-way/10-way competition is back in the saddle!

Teams are already forming in the gates, so whether yer a serious bull-ridin’ type that’s looking to take home the gold nuggets, or yer basic cowpoke that just wants to compete for fun, everyone can throw on spurs for this here rodeo!

We’re gonna hitch the harnesses at Skydive Spaceland for 4 rounds of 20-way and 10-way June 9th and 10th! Then we’re circlin’ the wagons Saturday night for the first-ever “Swoop Pond Luau and Pig Roast Ho Down” with dinner and delicious debauchery by the “Anvil Brothers Cowboy Cookin’ Team”!

Just before sundown, get ready for the always crowd pleasin’ TeXXas Hit n Chug competition, and – for the first time ever – we’ll be treated to the soon to be world famous “TeXXas Swoop n Swim”, a freestyle single-shot pond swoopin’ showdown guaranteed to git the evening festivities off to an entertainin’ start!!

After the competition, stick around for fun jumps includin’ organized skyhoppin’ in all disciplines, a few formation-load big-ways, and maybe even some hybrid hijinks worthy of braggin’ rights!

Scoring will be “TeXXas Style” givin’ all teams a chance to put up some big numbers, and all formations will be fun-jumper friendly!

For riders that don’t like a crowd, there’s the equally legendary 10-way competition with a dive pool draw that every cowboy and cowgirl can ride! Don’t be shy now. This is a rodeo for everyone!!

There’s also a big-way skills camp on Thursday the 7th featurin’ multi-time National Champion and member of Arizona Airspeed 16-way Scott Latinis! Cost for the camp is a measly 20 bucks and ya gotta register by calling the drop zone! Space in this chuck wagon is limited so git yerself signed up soon!!

Official practice and team check-in will be on Friday the 8th, so plan to git here early to see all yer ol’ kinfolk before the competition and make some practice jumps out of the competition horsepower!! “Horse” power – git it? YeeeeHaaaw!!!!

Don’t forget to give yer team a snazzy name and create some themed attire for team photos and ridiculously raucous recognition at the Ho Down!!

Everyone rides for just 50 buckeroos plus jumps! (sorry, no Confederate dollars allowed…dangit) The top three teams in 20-way and 10-way will gallop home with hardware worthy of hangin’ in the ranch house, and everyone will take a limited edition TeXXas “COMPETITOR” T-shirt back to the coral with them too! Your rodeo fee also covers judging too! (pig roast cost separate cuz not everyone will want a hog dinner and bottomless keg)

Bring a team or let us help ya gitcher self on one. Contact [email protected] for all the help ya need!
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

Postwhore.:P

How so?

Actually, I was talking about myself... saw a thread I hadn't posted in and all I could come up with was that... I had hopes that you'd catch on and throw out the classic, "I know you are, but what am I?" line but you didn't.
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

How so?

Actually, I was talking about myself... saw a thread I hadn't posted in and all I could come up with was that... I had hopes that you'd catch on and throw out the classic, "I know you are, but what am I?" line but you didn't.

Well in that case - I know you are, but what am I? :ph34r:
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

How so?

Well in that case - I know you are, but what am I? :ph34r:

Wearing a wig in your avatar!:D:P
Some people refrain from beating a dead horse. Personally, I find a myriad of entertainment value when beating it until it becomes a horse-smoothie.

That coming from a guy posting in a 20 way thread...who couldn't COUNT to 20 with his shoes on. :S:ph34r:

It's a 20 AND a 10 way thread. Shouldn't you be taking your geritol now?:P

That coming from a guy posting in a 20 way thread...who couldn't COUNT to 20 with his shoes on. :S:ph34r:

It's a 20 AND a 10 way thread. Shouldn't you be taking your geritol now?:P

:o yup :$

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~