Ralph_W

Looking for Dropzone east of San Francisco

At the end of April I will arrive in San Francisco and will travel eastwards from there to Lake Tahoe. Using the Drop zone locator on this website I found some dropzones: http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/dropzone/finder.cgi?search=addr&lat=37.80544394934271&lng=-122.0361328125&rad=100
Are these all dropzones in that area?
Which of them could you recommend, which should I avoid?

Thanks for your feedback.

Ralph
Silence is golden. www.bt-ag.ch

I can personally vouch for SkyDance as a great place to jump. Full-time turbine and large landing area. While I have not jumped at the other local DZ's, I can relay that many folks that I jump with really like Bay Area Skydiving (Byron).

ETA: There's some more information along the same lines you're looking for here
http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=4072847;sb=post_latest_reply;so=ASC;forum_view=forum_view_collapsed;;page=unread#unread
Matthew Wallin
C-37899

Of those you listed, Skydance, Skydive Sacramento, Parachute Center (aka Lodi), and Bay Area Skydiving (aka Byron) are all "on the way" to Lake Tahoe depending on which route you take (meaning they're all in the general direction of Tahoe and not too far off of any of the major freeways). The others in the area would be in the opposite direction of Tahoe, so if your goal was to catch something on the way, they wouldn't work for you.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I can personally vouch for SkyDance as a great place to jump. Full-time turbine and large landing area. While I have not jumped at the other local DZ's, I can relay that many folks that I jump with really like Bay Area Skydiving (Byron).

+1

I live in South Lake Tahoe and jump at Skydance. When you travel to Tahoe are you going to North Lake Tahoe or South Lake? If you are heading to North Lake Tahoe both Skydance and Skydive Sacramento are a very short jaunt off the freeway.

If you are heading to South Lake Tahoe, Skydive Sac is out of the way.
"Whatever the future holds down the road, being true to yourself is something you won't ever regret doing. " - airtwardo