mrubin

Jumping in Europe?

I'm going to be spending some time this summer travelling around Europe and want to make a few skydives. Any suggestions on dropzones to jump at? Or dropzones to avoid?

Thanks.
"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

What countries you going to?

What sort of thing are you looking for at a DZ you visit? If you are in the UK, there are lots of good DZs about. Of the ones I jump at Swansea in Wales has absolutely stunning views.

If you are going to Spain, then there are several well known places to jump - Empuriabrava, Seville or the ones near Madrid.

If in Sweden, Gryttjom is a good, big DZ, or Vasteras is a smaller, but very friendly DZ - they are the only 2 I've been to, I'm sure others in the country are just as nice as the Swedes were all very friendly.

Russia has a/some big DZ(s) - Aerograd Kolomna is one that gets mentioned a lot (and I'm going there for a week this summer!).

If you give more indication of what countries you are going to I'm sure you'll get more specific responses.

If price is an issue, my site www.jumpticketprices.com is a database of the cost of jumping at lots of DZs around the world. It can give a guide as to how much it is likely to cost in whatever country you are in. Obviously it is not an exhaustive list of the DZs in Europe, I'm sure there are still quite a number that have not been entered yet.
Sky Switches - Affordable stills camera tongue switches and conversion adaptors, supporting various brands of camera (Canon, Sony, Nikon, Panasonic).

I'm definately going to be in the UK and Spain. Other than that I don't have any specific plans. I'm going to just see where my adventures take me.
"I fly because it releases my mind from the tyranny of petty things." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Sweden has lot more to offer then just the two you mentioned.. pse go to http://www.sff.se/index.php/klubbar and there you'll find the DZ's of Sweden. Jumpprices are among the cheapest in Europe, approx 15 - 19 €/ 4000 M, and most of the clubs offers bunkhouse facilities as well as Sauna for free or a nominal charge.

My Club, FKCG - is moving its operation during the summer to the coastal town of Strömstad (close to the Norwegian border) due to the perfect climate and surroundings.

Hop that you'll find you way around Sweden.....
All best
Schwede
"Das Leben ist schön, nicht immer aber immer öfter"