iopenhi

San Diego trip 2/7 thru 2/11

Help please...
I'm going to accompany my wife on a trip to San Diego in February and plan on hitting some area DZs while she is at her seminar. I'd like to hit San Diego, Elsinore, and Perris in one day and wind up in the Riverside area visiting relatives that night. Saturday would be the ideal day for this venture. Not being familiar with the area, I don't really know if that's feasible. Can anyone from the area give me some guidance, fill me in on any local beer rules, etc?

Clark
You can't make chicken salad out of chicken manure.

Why try to hit all three in one day? You probably could, but it'd be a fairly rushed experience, particularly given that it sounds like you've never jumped at any of the DZs and need to go through the full waiver and briefing process at each (which is not a quick experience at Perris, IIRC). Perris and Elsinore are very close to each other (about a 20 minute drive, and I don't think traffic is ever really a factor in that drive), and closer to your family in Riverside. Doing both in one day would be a lot easier than trying to add on Skydive San Diego as well. San Diego's quite a bit farther away from Perris and Elsinore from what I know (never jumped there). I'm not a local, though, so I'm not one to give you guidance on that drive or when traffic is a factor.

One problem is that the title of your thread gives no indication of what you need assistance on.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

i jumped at all 3 in the last couple of weeks, i reckon it'd take a minimum of 2 & 1/4 hrs to get from san diego dz to elsinore, the last load goes up at around 4pm at the moment too, so its a short day, i think it'd be pretty hard to do all 3 in one day.

good luck though............
did you say tequila???

Thanks guys. Maybe I'll just shoot for Perris and Elsinore.
Krisanne- You know I'm still just a baby postwhore...
I'll put "boobies" in the title next time. Misleading yes, but I'll probably get more exposure response.

Clark
You can't make chicken salad out of chicken manure.

Little over an hour drive from SkydiveSan Diego to Elsinore (depending on time of day)... but as has been suggested, probably not the best thing to try to hit all three in one day.

You'd probably be much better served by spending one day at San Diego, and maybe the next between Elsinore and Perris.

Have a great trip.

Russ

Generally, it is your choice; will your life serve as an example... or a warning?