skyminxx

National Airborne Day - August 25th, Fayetteville NC

The Airborne and Special Operations Museum is hosting a National Airborne Day event on Saturday August 25th, in Fayetteville NC.

Here is the info from our flyer :)The info can also be seen on our website
http://www.asomf.org/news_news.php

Join us in the 67th anniversary celebration of the Airborne and the 7th anniversary of the
Airborne and Special Operations Museum

9:00 am – 10:10 am
Freefall parachute demonstrations by members of the US Army Special Operations Command
Black Daggers, the 82nd Airborne Division All-American Freefall Team, and the Golden Knights

Ceremony with keynote speaker, Lieutenant General Lloyd J. Austin, Commanding General,
XVIII Airborne Corps and Fort Bragg

9:00 am – 3:00 pm
Displays of XVIII Airborne Corps and US Army Special Operations Command equipment

Historic re-enactors, including the 82nd Airborne Division Museum’s Living History Detachment

10:10 am – 5:00 pm
Museum open, including the special exhibit “When Humanity Fails”

11:00 am & 12 noon
Performances by the 82nd Airborne Division “All-American” Chorus

Thanks to Guido for his help with the army paperwork part ;)

Hope to see some of you there. Its going to be a great event and will be a wonderful way to show support to our hardworking Airborne guys and girls!

You are led through your lifetime by the inner learning creature, the playful spiritual being that is your real self.-Richard Bach

This was put together by folks at "the big building", you'll have to find and ask "them".

As for the "other 2", there are WAY more than that many out there!

Come on out though if you are in town.

~How do you know where the line is
if you never crossed it?~ unk.

Of the Army's Teams I only know of Two more: the "Silver Wings" and "Screaming Eagles".

I wish I could but I just got back in from being on the road nine days and am looking forward to jumping the new Ch-47F a few times this week.

Ft. Benning held its Airborne appreciation jump last week, it god a good reception so I am sure your will get a great one too!
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!