sky301

Philippines: Skydiving this 2006 xmas holidays

Hello All,

Anyone on this forum been to the Philippines and done any jumping, particularly @ Tropical Asia Parachute Center?

Address:
Omini Aviation, Clark special Econimic Zone
Angeles City, Pampanga, Philippines, 2009
Philippines

there are a few reviews in the dropzones section of this site, but I wanted to solicite some more feedback before I give them a call to even see if they're operating....anyways I'll be over there visiting in (Pasig) Manila mid Dec to early Jan, just looking for info on travelling to and fro the DZ, cost, comments etc.

Blue Ones,

Mike C
Just Go with it

i called in there last year, it is only a small dz , but very friendly, definately worth calling in there.
angeles is a fun place, and only about 3 hrs from manila,(depending on traffic). there is a bus that goes there 2 or 3 times a day, from the swagman hotel in ermita, the cost is 750 pesos(about us$15) beer is available on the bus.or
u could get a pvte car to take u there for about 2500 peso.there are plenty of good cheap hotels in angeles and a trike to the dz ,at clark airbase will cost only a few peso, but u might have to get a cab, cos i dont think they let the trikes enter the base.
might see u there,i am planning to be there in jan.

thanks for the info Des, should be a pretty cool adventure I hope there's enough jumpers around to get some jumpin' in, I'm meeting up with Tara so at least we'll show up with 2 jumpers ready to go, so it might be worth while hiring a prvt car to shuttle us from Manila.....maybe we will see you, just ask if the Canadians have been there eh!
Mike
Just Go with it

Hay Des, or anyone else who might know, what do they charge for a lift ticket, is it weekend only..are there any local jumpers....I'm having a hard time contacting them directly (TAPC)....eitherway I'll plan on luggin my rig...maybe end up there or somewheres else...are there some DZ's on the north of OZ that I can get a resonable flight ..maybe??

anyways, Peace All.
Mike
Just Go with it

hi again, yes , i think they are pretty much weekend only. i dont know the cost of a lift, but nothing in pi is expensive.
there is also a dz on cebu ,but i dont know their contact details.
there are plenty of good dz's in northern territory,(darwin), and queensland, but it is a 7hr flight to brisbane, and u would have to take a roundabout route to darwin , or cairns,i.e thru guam, singapore, or port moresby.
sorry i cant help u more

Looks like they may have closed, I received an email reply from someone at the ville....I guess I'll just keep looking for someplace....

"Unfortunately I believe the parachute club has closed down. I have forwarded
your email to the guy that ran TACP. He may have so alternate places you
can jump, but I believe they are not jumping at Clark on any routine basis
anymore.

JC"
Just Go with it