groundrush134

Southeast Texas

Skydive Spaceland has three super otters and a 182. It is a world class DZ, the facilities and staff are first rate. It is a great place. After hours it's pretty calm, although there is usually something going on.

Skydive Houston has an otter and I understand it is also a very good DZ. I've heard the night life is quite a bit more happening than Spaceland.

Spaceland's jump prices are cheaper 20 vs 22.

I guess it kind of depends on what you're looking for. I call Spaceland home for a myriad of reasons.
Blues,
Nathan

If you wait 'til the last minute, it'll only take a minute.

Spaceland's jump prices are cheaper 20 vs 22.

Not that it’s a huge deal as I agree with just about everything you have said, but I believe I’ve been paying 20 a jump at skydive Houston since I’ve been visiting out there over the last few months.

neilp

Not that it’s a huge deal as I agree with just about everything you have said, but I believe I’ve been paying 20 a jump at skydive Houston since I’ve been visiting out there over the last few months.

Ah, I could be wrong, that's just what I heard. Thanks for the correction.
Blues,
Nathan

If you wait 'til the last minute, it'll only take a minute.

Since you put fun as #1 I would say Skydive Houston. Both Houston DZs have $20 jumps, but if your profile is up to date you may want to call and see about the prices and student training types at both. SDH does AFF and Spaceland does AFP or tandem progression I believe.

Since you put fun as #1 I would say Skydive Houston. Both Houston DZs have $20 jumps, but if your profile is up to date you may want to call and see about the prices and student training types at both. SDH does AFF and Spaceland does AFP or tandem progression I believe.

My profile is up to date, I am done with AFF at my home DZ but since its winter here which is making it difficult to get my "A" license I was thinking about going to see my dad in Corpus Christi and maybe get it finished up down there. So.... that's the reason for my post:)
~~~>

Then you may want to call ahead if going to SDH, their AFF program is 18 levels and they may want you to make a few coach jumps which are not as cheap. Also may have to consider recurrency if it's been more than 30 days, again it'll cost a bit. They will also require you to rent student gear unless you have an RSL and AAD and docile canopy loaded at less than 1:1.
I think corpus christi is about 5 hours from Houston, anyone know if any of the little southern coastal DZs are open this time of year?

http://www.uspa.org/dz/states/TX.htm

Good luck :)

Someone dies, someone says how stupid, someone says it was avoidable, someone says how to avoid it, someone calls them an idiot, someone proposes rule chan

Try Sky's the limit2 in Beeville, Texas.It is a cessna182 drop zone but Gary Morgan the DZO is a great guy to work with.Very close to Corpus Christi.Still glad to have you at SSM if you want to jump out of an Otter.Gear rental is $25 per jump or $50 per day. Blue Skies, Dave

Hay man, I copied and pasted this from the UPSA.org websight. I only intend to let you know that you may have to buy and Instructor/Coach along with gear rental.

Good luck!:)-----------------------------------------------------------

A License

1. Persons holding a USPA A license may jump without supervision, pack their own main parachute, engage in basic group jumps, perform water jumps, and must have-

a. completed 25 jumps

b. completed all requirements listed on the USPA A License Proficiency Card

c. completed five group freefall skydives involving at least two participants

d. received the signature and official stamp on the USPA A License Proficiency Card or USPA A License Progression Card (ISP)

Note: For USPA A-license registration purposes only, USPA Headquarters will accept either completed card signed by a USPA Instructor without the official stamp. The registration fee must be included.

Someone dies, someone says how stupid, someone says it was avoidable, someone says how to avoid it, someone calls them an idiot, someone proposes rule chan