xdoctor

No skydiving in Wyoming. Colorado maybe?

Hello all,
It has been a long time since I've stopped by these forums, but I need help now. Until the end of last summer there was only one DZ (that I know of) in Wyoming. It was way up north in Pine Haven. Unfortunately, last year the only airplane the DZ had, met the ground in a rather unceremonious manner. No one was hurt, but the plane is gone. (That's two in two years.)

If anyone knows of another place in Wyoming to jump, I'd really love to know about it. Aside from that, can anyone from Colorado suggest a DZ that will allow SL? We have about twenty students, all with 1-5 jumps that we'd really like to get on freefall without the cost of AFF.

http://www.dropzone.com/dropzone/North_America/United_States/Colorado/index.html

Skydive the Rockies and High Sky list SL as being available, you probably want to give them a call and find out for sure and/or work out pricing for a group of that size. Mile-Hi has a decent AFF program if you don't want to drive all the way to Canon City.
________________________________________________________________________________
when in doubt... hook it!

There are several posts about sky high advnetures and having seen the place I'd advise to not jump there. For quit awhile there were non-rated instructors (instructor had 70 jumps) puting out static line students, they crashed their plane a year ago or so and I'm not sure they even have a new one.

I'd say go to Mile High or Skydive the Rockies both DZ offer better student programs that High Sky Adventure ever could.
Fly it like you stole it!

I don't know where you are in Wyoming but I think
Skydive Ogden over in Utah is the nicest dropzone
in the mountain region.

I don't know whether they do static line jumps but
you are only in that student phase for a short time
and then it's all the same so maybe going to Ogden
and doing AFF would make sense.

Skr

Ogden would not be bad, but I'm hell and gone from there. We'd be looking at an 8-10 hour drive. Colorado is only 4-5. Thanks to all for the replies, maybe there is hope for the summer.
The flying hamster of doom rains coconuts upon your pitiful city.