jnyav8r

new dz in socal

Yeah it does but palidin and about 6 or 7 jets or turbines refuel next to us daily.Still no definite time on the KingAir. But then again I never heard of a cityor a dropzone being built in a day.(or week or month or year for that matter!)Positive vibes and attitudes are in the air as much as skydivers. You better show up sabregirl!!!Or we'll get sabregirl withdrawls!!I got the merlot and cheese when eva your ready!! Real cheese with the crackers and biscut things!! Hahaha!!Seriously,if you can make it,kewl!. If not,we'll kidnap you!!! On another note.....was great seeing MollyO today!!!! Your vibe and enegry were as strong as ever!! Big huggs atcha!!!! Hope to see you and the rest of the "family" soon!!!
What doesn't kill you just makes you stranger.

I have found my home dz...

I am glad you are reliving the good old days Barb, I am sorry thre aren't more there to enjoy them with you...

I figure if I am going to pay for skydiving and I have three other DZ's to choose from that have bigger planes, constant loads turning, rigging services on sight, jumpers with better skills than me who can LO, a little grass or weeds to land on, and no bus ride...

I am glad you have found a new home DZ, but it's not the same place I remember, and those days are gone and the people have moved on to bigger and better things.

We interact with the tandems and AFF and pick up on their excitement.

I don't really get this statement but I have never really seen you get excited at other DZs for tandems and students, but maybe I am missing out on the magic at Brown...

All in all thanks So Cal for the competitive prices for the DZ's I do like jumping at...

~G~

"The edge ... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who know where it is are those that have gone over"

I guess I go more for substance than flash. As I mentioned before, there are always people there to jump with. As for loads turning, this summer I took advantage of the $10 jumps and would get back to hanger and barely have enough time to pack before I got on another load (15-20 minutes). I wouldn't get to the dz until after 2pm (due to the dog-factor) and would get 4-5 jumps in before sunset. I would have so much fun, I'd go back the next day meaning that my jump rate increased x 4 (I used to do 2-3 jumps a weekend). As for the excitement/magic of tandems, we didn't really get to interact with them very much at SDSD since they we trained and/or suited up in an area away from the experienced jumpers (similar to other larger dzs). In other words, out of site, out of mind... I get to see them and interact with them in the hanger at Skydive SoCal and they ask me questions and we talk on the ride back. I really like that, but maybe that's just me. I think that we are very fortunate (as I've said before) that Southern California has 4 dropzones within driving distance, one of which is one of the best in the country (Perris). We have all kinds of dropzones that can cater to all kinds of jumpers. We are lucky to be able to pick and choose and find the right one for us. I think that those skydivers in the middle of the country or in Europe think we are very spoiled (and we are) since some people only have a small dz and can only jump a couple of months a year (due to weather). So everyone, come visit us in Southern California!!

Still no luck on updating the website? I'm sure there are lot of DZ.comers that can assist if you need it.

Adam

Yes i recently aquired the rights to the dz.com listing and have been trying to keep it up-to-date. But I'm still working on getting the rights to the acctual website, I know it needs to be up-dated badly (think the last time was in March).