Levin

Labor Day - Fastest Man Contest - Skydive Houston

-cross posted in freefly forum-

2nd annual "Fastest Man Contest"
Labor Day, September 1st
Skydive Houston

1st Place - 1st place plaque, free Pro-Track, full free day of jumps (one rig only), 100% off Firefly Freefly Pants

2nd Place - 2nd place plaque, free Pro Dytter, 5 free jumps, 50% off Firefly Freefly Pants

3rd Place- 3rd place plaque, 3 free jumps fom Skydive Houston

Pro-Tracks will be provided to all contestants each jump to record competition speeds. Contestants may make as many attempts as they want but demo Pro-Tracks will limit the number of contestants per load to eight. Your entry fee is your jump ticket. All Pro-Tracks will be set to "true airspeed" and worn externally on each contestants rig. At 270mph a skydiver will fall a 1000' in approximately 2.5 seconds. Traveling at 270mph a skydiver who decides to go "flat" at 2000' to decelerate for canopy opening may or may not have adequete time for a safe deployment. Therefore, each contestant is required to wear an audible altimeter. It is recommended that altitude warnings be set at 6500', 4000' and 2500'. Anybody that is interested in competing and does not have an audible needs to borrow one or email me in advance and I'll see if I can find or provide one. Contestants may not use speeds recorded on their own audible altimeters. Only speeds recorded on the contest provided demo Pro-Tracks will be recognized. Pro-Tracks will be cleared after each use. In the event of a tie, 1st place will go to the 1st contestant to record the top speed. Ground coaching will be available for safety and technique.

Last years winners were 1st place Thomas McDow @ 292mph and 2nd place John Rich @ 250mph. The contest last all day, from first load till sunset. The prize list is still gowing. My goal is to have overall prizes valued at $1500 with about $1000 worth of prizes going to 1st place. At this moment overall prizes are valued at approximately $1050. As of right now I have 8 demo Pro-Tracks for the contest. If you already know that you will be entering please email me (aerodeofreefly@hotmailcom) and let me know in advance so that I can get more demo Pro-Tracks if it looks like they will be needed. Generous gear manufacturers:)
Levin
vSCR#17