diverdriver

July 4th at Skydive Chicago

Well, it's not an "official" event announcement from the DZ but I'd thought I'd put up something. July 4th is always a fun time at SDC. Home grown (professional) fireworks display. 3 Otters. GREAT cooking by Chef Tim. Not to mention the other ammenities (bathroom add in Parachutist). Canoeing and horseback riding available. Sand lot volleyball and a nice beach on the swimming pond.

Been there? You know what you'll be getting. Never been there? Come and check it out. Inexperienced and concerned about being lost in the crowd? Come on out and identify yourself to manifest or just walk out to the RED packing matts and sign on the white board what group you want to be in. The SDC organizers are there for YOU. Not the other way around. They are there to help you have fun and improve as a skydiver. Check it out.

DZ phone 1-815-433-0000. Lots of room for camping. Shower house available.

Chris Schindler
FB# 4125

Chris,
Err, nice to meet you, in an internet sort of way.
I will be at the Ranch on July 4th, but I am interested in taking a trip to SDC for Summerfest. I've never been there before, but I've heard a lot about it and I've been doing my research.
My only problem is that I don't have a car and wouldn't want to rent one because I don't plan on leaving the DZ during the boogie. Is there a way to get from any local airports to SDC? Any local jumpers out there who might be willing to help a fellow skydiver? My other option is to try to get some people from the Ranch interested in driving out there. Any thoughts?
Blue Skies,
Patrick Dugan