Anyone Sharing RV Crash Space at WFFC?

Posted on Talkback forum too...hope this isn't bad form...:o - mh

--------------------------
Hey,

I'm planning on going to the WFFC this year, but I don't want to stay in a hotel, 'cause it's too freakin' expensive!

The Fanmarker Inn, for example, still has rooms available, but they are $54/night plus outrageous Illinois taxes (about 11% IIRC). If you do the math for a full-convention stay (9 days), that puts you well over $500 that could be much better spent on jump tickets.

I don't mind camping, and since I'll have a rental car I'll have someplace fairly secure to stash my stuff (the trunk), so that isn't a worry, but being unable to escape the heat will be a serious, possibly life-threatening problem. When I've overheated at the WFFC in years past, I've always had a nice air-conditioned hotel room to crash in (to say nothing of the quiet). I've decided to be more adventurous this year and stay at the DZ, and cool off in the pool, etc. as needed.

The best of all possible outcomes would be an air-conditioned RV with hookups. The worst would be my own tent in the campground area with no amenities.

So, anybody willing to share SMOKE-FREE RV space at Rantoul? I will in turn make my rental car available. I'm also willing to chip in for the hookup fees.

Any takers?
"The mouse does not know life until it is in the mouth of the cat."

Posted on Talkback forum too...hope this isn't bad form...

It's ok, it will stay up near the top longer over here. :)
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon