Laura

2003 at the Ranch

I know everyone is eagerly awaiting a peek at The Ranch's 2003 Schedule of Events and we all appreciate your patience. Our awesome webmaster has been working overtime taking care of the ten-thousand-and-one "quick little things" that we seem to drop on him on a regular basis, and that eat up a lot of time. I'm sure most of you know exactly what I mean, and can appreciate all the more what a great job Mike does for us.

That being said, here is a quick overview of what we've got planned for the next 4 months.

The 4-way Social; Saturday, Feb 8. Organized by Dawn Pavlu for anyone interested in 4-way competition here at the Ranch, it will be at CAVU, starting at 7pm. Contact Dawn at .

Para-Ski; Friday-Sunday, March 21-23. Swoop or stomp accuracy from the Twin Star Helicopter at the base of Hunter Mountain, NY. Ski races on the mountain's NASTAR race course. Awards, medals, prizes. See the 2003 Para-Ski page for further details or contact Manifest at

Safety Weekend; Friday, Saturday & Sunday, April 11-13. Seminars, discussions, discounted recurrency training, the whole shabang. Contact S&TAs Kim Emerson or Tom Buchanan at .

Easter Egg Hunt; Sunday April 20. This one is for all you folks who need a fix before going off to do relative work. Find an Easter Egg on the DZ, enjoy the candy, and turn in the egg and the raffle ticket inside of it to Manifest for a chance to win a free jump.

Night Jumps; Tuesday, May 13. We're going for the warmer, spring-like temps of mid-May this time. (Everyone who did a night jump last October knows what I mean). Contact Ed Burlingame at

Ranch Skydiving League (RSL) Meet #1; Saturday/Sunday, May 17 & 18. Contact Dawn Pavlu at .

Ranch Free Fly League (RFFL) Meet #1; Saturday/Sunday, May 10 & 11. Contact Max Cohn at

Monkey Man Memorial Day Boogie; Friday - Monday May 23 - 26. Details to follow soon.

Jack Jefferies Skills Camp #1. The exact dates and details are still being worked out. Contact Manifest at

More details and information on these events will be posted soon, along with the entire 2003 Scehdule of Events, at www.ranchskydive.com. Thanks again for your patience.