shawn128

1st jump experience

I did my first jump (tandem 13000ft) over the week end weyhey! I am normally scared of heights. Not planes or anything, but put me on a high bridge and i get the feeling i want to jump, which is what scares me. Anyway I was expecting to be really scared, but found that i was completely chilled before the jump, on the way up in the plane, when i saw my girlfriend who jumped before me suddenly disappear and even in freefall and during the canopy ride. However about half an hour after i landed I started to feel really nervous, i didn't know what about just had that anxious nervous feeling, which really annoyed me 'cause i expected jumping it to be a cathartic experience which would put me on a high afterwards rather then make me feel like crap. That lasted about an hour or so and then i felt really relaxed to the point where i could've fallen asleep.
Did i have a delayed reaction of some sort? will this happen every time? has anyone else experienced this?

what you describe is an absolutely clasic adrenaline response. You can have the same response to any number of activities which your body percieves to be dangerous.

Try skydiving a few more times - take up one of the progression systems and start to learn to do it yourself. You will soon descover the cathartic experiance you're looking for.

That said, sometimes this sport simply aint for some people... at least give it a go and see how you feel about it.