Tonedog1980

Re: [billvon] Injury in San Diego

Guys I think we need to stop talking about the helmets and keep it on Christian, but hey that is just my opinion. Also, guys if you sit here and try to figure out if helmets help or not, you will be at it for ever. Why do you think it is such a big discution in the goverenment about weather to instate the law or not. Cause it is so hard to prove one way or the other. But don't say it is just a matter of phisics or anything else. It is not that easy of a subject. If it is tell that to my good friend that died five years ago in a motorcycle crash. Have you ever taken a phonebook and put it on someones head and hit it before? If you havn't, try it lol. It causes a masive concution. Because the book is right on top of your head it just sends the shock waves directly through you, just like it does the book. That is what happened to my friend. The doctors said that he might not have died if he WAS NOT wearing a helmet. What happend was, even though the impact was not that bad, his helmet was to tight on his head. So, the shock went straight through his brain. He died from head trama. They did say that he might have died anyways but we will never know. I don't understand all the tecnical details about why this happens. I just know that for some reason it does. Trust me, go get a book right now, and before you do anything just hit yourself on top of the head LIGHTLY and then put the book on your head and hit yourself with the same force. You will see what I mean. Anyways Christian may god be with you man. Hope you recover well.
Why live your life only to get to death safely? SKYDIVE!

I think most people would agree that this helmet thread is a good one - no offense intended whatsoever.

I didn't say the Pro-tec was a good helmet, just that it has a bit of protection that all others don't (that I know of - haven't seen too many new designs in all honesty).

I agree that a full faced type of helmet - ala motorbike style would most likely be the best type of design to go from for a swooping helmet - is the best way to go - way better than a Pro-tec front open style. Look at downhill mtn bikers that reach average speeds of 50mph+ - they all wear full facial protecting styles of helmet, the one with the chin coervage all the way up.

But - you'd have to work down from that in terms of size - I imagine high end swoopers need all of the vision and mobility that they need to execute their craft...

My two cents - nothing more.

Glad to hear he is doing better. Vibes.

-- (N.DG) "If all else fails – at least try and look under control." --