Hazarrd

Looking for deployment video

Im looking for a high-res closeup shot of a deployment using BOC throw out. I need it to be from start to finish (wave off through full inflation (or atleast almost full inflation)). Any help appreciated, thanks.

Edit: im looking for this to be from the view of another jumper, i need to see PC inflation with bridle and jumper in the shot and then the bag coming out with lines unstowing.

.-.

I did a search on "deploy" and "deployment" on Skydivingmovies.com, but didn't find what I think you're looking for. Your best bet is probably going to be from BASE footage. Just don't know if it matters that it's a BASE rig instead of a skydiving rig (given that you're looking for lines unstowing off the bag, it probably will matter).
You just gave me a good excuse to go through some movies since I'm not jumping today, so if I find something appropriate, I'll PM you w/ a link to a server of mine.
-C.

Not very high res but not bad... http://www.skydivingmovies.com/ver2/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=1315

This is a trailer for the director's commentary (Norman Kent) on the Willing to Fly DVD. Posted with Norman Kent's permission, btw. Toward the end are some pretty amazing deployment shots. Norman Kent talks about how he tracked toward the deploying canopies to get those shots.

I'm sure if you bought the DVD (from http://www.normankent.com/storenew.htm) you could see these in very high res.

Dave

Thank you for responding. I mixed a couple videos off of skydivingmovies.com and uploaded it. I hope others have use for it. Its not up yet, but when it gets approved, you can do a search for "deployment" and its one of those videos that comes up in the search. I think i also put the words "slow motion" in it.

.-.

The footage of Omar deyploying on crosswind sounds just like what you're looking for. Except its not on the net, I think. But it's high-res and slo mo close enough to see all the good stuff. Check it out.

Johnny
--"This ain't no book club, we're all gonna die!"
Mike Rome