SSkydiver

Out 2 1/2 months.......ready to jump back in

I was off over a year thanks to a lung collapse ... and being a low #'s person, had to do a currency jump. We just got out, stayed within a reasonable distance of each other ... I made sure I was maintaining alt. awareness and still remembered how to stay in control, etc. ... and pulled fairly high. I had stayed somewhat in touch with jumping while out, but went over emergency procedures with myself a lot prior to that first one back just to be sure.

Welcome back, by the say ... :)
As long as you are happy with yourself ... who cares what the rest of the world thinks?

Lucky flyer! man I'm going over six from a knee botchery. Doc says no more, but I think maybe another month. Problem is every month I say the same thing. "I feel good today, I can jump!"
did you miss or what. Have a good recurency, and welcome back. :)FATONES:ph34r:

P.S. I can't wait to do loop d' loopsB|

Looking to hear from anyone with a long layoff and what they did their first couple jumps back in the air. Thanks.

Ok, I just have to say... 2 months is a "long layoff"?? What about those of us who live in the cold states where the DZ's close for the winter?? Unless we take a trip, we won't be jumping for at least 4-5 months!

I always figured that skydiving had a "season" like so many other sports, but there are many of you that jump year-round, so I guess that makes us that take the winter off very un-current, huh?

(Although I have to admit, I have been out 2 months due to an injury and it does feel like forever since I jumped! But I figured that as I got more experienced that the breaks wouldn't be such a big deal. Hey fellow mid-westerners, is this true? )
"At 13,000 feet nothing else matters."
PFRX!!!!!
Team Funnel #174, Sunshine kisspass #109
My Jump Site

I had a layoff of about 4 years. When I went to the dz to jump again, I insisted on going out last on a 16 way. Flew past a few slower divers, stopped in my slot, picked up the grips, and had a totally normal skydive. It's all about preparation. I'm not suggesting that for someone with a hundred jumps, but just saying get your mind right, be comfortable, then GO JUMP! (Don't forget to smile.)