joodyblu

Stolen rigs

I'm still awaiting the last one Ryan O. promised me on the phone when he called and said he was someone else. drop it guys...let the legal guys figure it out.

WFFC, you and I both know who was involved in this. After all you were the one who helped him shut down our website. Though I wonder how you know that it was a "repossesion" instead of theft, and were so quick to reply? You sounded pretty certain in your first post so you wont mind then if i pass along your name to the Freemont County Sheriff's Dept. After all that would be the legal way of dealing with this
confucious say: he who stands on top of toilet gets high on pot.

When gear is stolen, fellow skydivers want to help. Dropzone.com is a great place to implement that help . . . stolen gear has been recovered because it was posted here.

When internal DZ politics saturate an issue, this forum is not the place for it. It results in each side of the issue lobbing dirt clods on each other and people with no bearing on the issue chiming in with sometimes heavy bells.

Lastly, threats - no matter how cleverly veiled in subtlety - are not welcome here. Threats completely pollute the community many of us hold dear and work hard to support.

peterk - your comment about "stay on the ground if I were you" can easily be taken as a threat, whether you meant it that way or not. It is ambiguous enough for me to warn you that threats are not acceptable here.

WFFC - Inside information often belongs exactly there >> inside, in between the parties concerned. In this situation, skirting around what you know in this thread did not contribute.

Edited to add: ALL (including me) - let's read carefully before we jump the gun and call comments a threat. If a comment is ambiguous but has possible negative connotations - ask questions of the poster here or via PM to be clear about it. I did that myself, albeit after the fact (the thread was starting to deteriorate) and I am clear that peterk did not intend the comment as a threat. Thanks.

This thread is done . . . take any further rumblings to PMs.

Thanks.
Arrive Safely

John