livendive

AFFCC prep video?

I've seen mention of a (USPA-produced?) video to help prepare a candidate for the AFFCC. As I'm looking to take the AFFCC without ever having had any real exposure to AFF, I'm thinking it might be a good thing for me to watch, but I can't find such an item in USPA's list of rating materials or their online store. Does anyone here know what I'm talking about, and if so, where I might obtain a copy?

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

There are worse ways to prepare for an AFF IRC than the old ground-prep video, such as training with out-of-date instructors, but I can't think of many others. The single worst thing about that video is that it leads you to believe that you can do an adequate ground prep without leaving a windowless classroom.

Here are some other problematic things:
-- It shows a two-instructor ground prep. All ground preps now are single-instructor preps, just like the real world.
-- It shows a kind of Level 3 ground prep that is nearly as detailed as a First Jump Course. Ground preps now follow the ISP as nearly as possible. Base your preps on Cat C and Cat D and you're 99% of the way there.

Where and with whom will you be trying your AFF IRC?

Mark