arni999

The Bug Is Back!

Ok, I have not jumped for nearly a year now but since i have decided to do AFF again, all i can think about is jumping out of planes! Problem is, i want to jump now but my course (in Spain) isnt until the 8th of July which is like 9 weeks away. I even have a little countdown timer on my desktop and it is currently saying '61 days, 9 hours, 55 minutes and 50 seconds' until the course. LOL

I do have 20 minutes at Bedford wind tunnel booked for the week before but even that is 8 weeks away.

The problem is, i'm normally a very sporty and active individual but since booking the course i am finding that all i'm doing is sitting here in front of my laptop reading various threads here on DZ.com and watching skydive movies from skydivemovies.com. What am i to do? i feel it has gripped me like a disease again! lmao

I thought about going to my soon to be new DZ at langar but then realised that might actually just frustrate me even more.

So... Anybody got any suggestions! B| :S

I think if i sit here every evening and weekend before jumping ill go crazy!

Mikey

Mikey
------------------------------------------
Fear Is Weakness Leaving Your Body

haha, that would be one option but i tried AFF in the UK last year and it was taking forever because of the weather. So now i have decided that the fastest way to get my licence will be somewhere with *almost* constant good weather B|

Mikey

Well i've just checked the prices for Russia and you are certainly correct on one matter, it is cheaper. Unfortunately Russia is a lot further away than spain! lol

I must say though, Russia is definateley on my 'countries to visit' list B|

Mikey

Go to the DZ. Hang around. Try to get involved. Make friends. Learn to pack.

Doing all this will only help your integration into the DZ when you graduate AFF, and will hopefully mean you'll have people to jump with.

UK Skydiver for all your UK skydiving needs.

I was talking to this really cute girl at work today and she said that she wants to learn to skydive so she's gonna book a course for next month at langar. Now i'll be able to go to the DZ, wtach her do her course (all be it static line) and get talking to people.

Might even get a skydiving girlfriend out of it! ;) cant be bad! B|

Mikey