Frenchy68

Being redundant: 2 out situation

I know there's been many threads about 2 out situations. But I am still confused! In the case of a biplane (front/back), the SIM stipulates releasing the leading canopy's brakes and steering them gently. But throughout my AFF progression, I was told by instructors to leave the brakes stowed and gently steer using the leading caopy's rear risers. Thinking about it from my whooping 44 jumps experience, leaving the brakes alone would make sense, assuming I have 2 similar size (read glide ratio & speed) canopies, and that the leading one would actually do "lead" the trailer. But that's the theorical world.
Now, in the real world, I would love to get REAL EXPERIENCE feedback as to what happened, what went right/wrong in both configurations (Brakes stowed/unstowed) from skydivers who actually experienced such a situation. I am assuming that as always, the specific situation dictates the reaction...

"For once you have tasted Absinthe you will walk the earth with your eyes turned towards the gutter, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Real simple thought process on this one.

I a wildly dynamic situation like 2 out I think the following rule works:

If it's stable, DON'T FUCK WITH IT!, If it's not, do what is needed to make it stable.

There is no 100% right answer for 2 out, just recomendations.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

I know a company did real 2-out testing recently and published the results, They made a video out of it, too - pretty cool. I don't remember who it is, though.

Anyway, their results were based on documented experimental experience. I think that's what you want to find, not the average DropZone.com poster's opinion.

-=-=-=-=-
Pull.