DroptheMan04

License E & F?

[Australian] F is: to qualify for an E, 1000 freefall jumps, 20 landings within 0.5 m, 20 consecutive nominated (to the CI) landings within 5m, a night jump. It's the 20 consecutive jumps that are difficult for many people. [....] Yes, [missing one] means you go back to number one.

I _think_ there is a similar requirement for a USPA PRO rating - 20 consecutive pre-declared jumps landing within epsilon of a target. One of the Skydive Radio guys (Stump, I think) was talking about this on the show recently.

Having instructor rating(s) could also be viewed as a "higher license" than a D.

Eule
PLF does not stand for Please Land on Face.

"Having instructor rating(s) could also be viewed as a "higher license" than a D"

I respect them as so.

I'm shooting myself in the foot here, because I will be going for my TI rating soon, but I think the TI rating and AFF rating should require a basic rigging course. Personally I have a little bit better first hand knowledge of tandem gear because I have packed 1,500 or so but I would not be comfortable getting my TI rating knowing any less about the gear than I do now. Just being able to rhyme off and point out the systems and recite what they do does not prove that someone truly understands the gear and what small things can become large problems very fast when they haven't seen them before. I know that I am going to be very VERY meticulous around student harnesses.

A: Because I haven't used them a lot
B: Because I had no idea untill recently that an able bodied person could fall out of them.

I went a little off topic there, but to reiterate.. I think an instructor rating should be more highly regarded than a D license. You DO need a D license as a pre-requisite.

--------------------------------------------------
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~ Thomas Jefferson