bobotie

Training Methods

So...I have a bit of a problem. ( I do realize this is an overly discussed issue and have sent my friends the article on the 5 step process. So, Answer ONLY if you want to, and don't otherwize!)

I have two friends that want to start jumping, and I have three choices as to which DZ to go to for their training.

#1. I live about an hour from a DZ that I don't like (jackass skygod manager) but it is the only one that offers AFF. We will not continue jumping there once trained except when #2 (a bit smaller) is closed due to insufficient business.

#2. I have been loyal to another DZ that is also an hour away, and they have been loyal to me too in various ways. I want to do business with them. They are slower, but friendlier. They do NOT offer AFF, only static line. I talked to the DZO, who I am good friends with, and he told me that if my friends want to start jumping soon (which they do) then he can try do do TandemAFF with them.

I live two hours away from a Dropzone that offers TandemAFF. They are bigger and faster, but further.

I did AFF, and think I greatly benefitted from doing so.

So...
How has AFF regulations changed in the last two years?

Benefits/Drawbacks to Staticline, AFF, Tandem AFF?

Or should we all travel a state or two away to a BIG DZ and AFF there over a couple of weekends?

Are there any other regulations that I need to be aware of?

Why worry about AFF? SL will get you there just fine, and if the dz has been good to you why would you not give them the business?

There is nothing wrong with taking the time to get where you are going. You might even appreciate it more when you get there.

Mark

That's true...No rush..
I'm just anctious to get friends with me in the sky:)

"then he can try do do TandemAFF with them."

Is he a tandem and AFF instructor... or just going to wing it? That's pretty important.

--------------------------------------------------
In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock. ~ Thomas Jefferson