JoeG

Graduated AFF

I graduated AFF this weekend at the farm. I want to shout out a big thank you to my instructors.
Hans Paulsen
Mark Shimmel
Charles Woodard
Jim Vance
Stewart Cavanaugh
Mike Anderson

I would also like to thank everyone who has taken the time to chat with a new jumper and all the new friends I have made.

I was lucky enough to have my wonderful girlfriend Linda do a tandem on the same load that I made my lvl 7 jump on.

My lvl 7 jump went just about perfectly. I had absolutely the best time, and it was the first time I felt completely free in a jump. The previous jumps were what I would call "working" jumps due to the manouvers. I had manouvers to do on jump 7, but it felt more like just getting out there and having some fun.

I did my diving exit and was stable on my stomach, found my instructor and when he gave me the thumbs up, did my flip and came back up on heading. I then did my 360's and moved up closer to him where we hung out making faces at each other until 7k. I turned and tracked and pulled at the right atlitude. I got a little unstable at pull time, but held it until I was stable, then pulled. That dive as a complete blast!

I will be back weekend after next to start on my progress to getting my A. I already have several of the things on my progress card marked, including landing within 20m of target twice.

Anyway, im just so pumped! Thanks everyone!

Even more good news...my girlfriend is seriously considering doing the tandem progression. I can see Im going to be broke for a long long time. :D

Mark, I won't be there this weekend, because of existing plans, but I will be there next weekend.

Thanks for the kind words everyone.