dallycat

DOCTOR OUT THERE? KNEE MRI RESULTS

Can someone help me understand these results?

I injured my knee on a terrible harsh opening and have been nursing it for the last 6 weeks. I couldn't wait for our health system to get an MRI so i went out and got one myself. I have the written report but my doctor is out of town for 2 weeks so i thought maybe someone qaulified could help me understand what they are saying and let me know how bad it is.

The results are listed as:

1. Bucket handle tear medial meniscus and displacement fragment in the intercondylar notch.
2.Focal chondral defect posterior non-weight bearing surface lateral femoral condyle with edema like signal changes in the adjacent bone marrow.
3.Joint effusion with possible mild synovitis.
4.Small ganglion cyst at the adductor tubercle.

I value all opinions but am really looking for a radiologist or doctor to comment on how serious this injury is.

Thank you all very much for your time in this!!

Bless all, blue skies.

Dallycat

I am not a doctor, but I have worked in radiology for the last 3 years, so I am pretty familiar with the reports. You should talk to your doctor about this too...

1. Not real sure about this one, but is sounds like a little chunk of something is in the notch behind the knee cap.
2. Bruised part of the femur, on the back of the nub that points out towards the arm. Picture the end of your femur as an upside down T. The back part of the arm-side of the top of the T.
3. Swelling/fluid in the knee. Not sure what synovitis is.
4. I give up on this one... i know what a cyst is, but i have no clue what an adductor tubercule is.
Why does it say "Append signature to post" when I don't have a signature?

Well, I'm not a doctor but I did stay at a holiday in.

1. Bucket handle tear medial meniscus and displacement fragment in the intercondylar notch.

basically a tear in the knee cartilage. The piece of torn cartilage flips back and gums up the joint. Causes the knee to lock. Very common cartilage injury.

2.Focal chondral defect posterior non-weight bearing surface lateral femoral condyle with edema like signal changes in the adjacent bone marrow.

you banged the back of your leg just above the knee and made a divot. You kinda have a bone bruise.

3.Joint effusion with possible mild synovitis.

Your knee is swollen.

Small Small ganglion cyst at the adductor tubercle..

I believe this may be cyst on the point where the ACL is attched to the back of the femur.

***disclaimer***

I'm not a doctor, I just havea majorlly f*****d knee myself.
I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.