mellow

my working tandem

before starting aff, i decided to do a second tandem, which i did yesterday, and it was great! i went with my soon to be aff instructor, and he had me do the whole level 1 dive- from checking out at exit, circle of awareness, practice pulls, actual pull, and then he walked me throught the controllability check, let me steer the canopy, practice flaring, and then had me follow his hands as did the landing, which we did standing up.

i am so glad i went ahead and did this awesome tandem. i've done alot to prepare ahead for aff, including reading, watching youtube videos of aff, etc, which helped. my instructor told me i did everything perfect- nice of him to say, and whether it was true or not, it really helped to further bolster my confidence and make me feel really ready to leave the tandem world and begin aff.

my favorite part of the whole thing was actually jumping out of the plane! i loved it! i can't believe that i had no fear of that, i just let go and happily jumped out. i hope i still feel that way when my "best friend" isn't still strapped to my back. :|:ph34r:

so thanks to everyone who replied to my last thread where i was seeking guidance from others about what i had been doing to prepare for aff. i really contemplated everyone's ideas, and it helped alot. the hardest advice to follow was to try and relax and not think so much about skydiving, which i had been (and still am) hopelessly obsessed about. just letting it let go and relaxing a little was exactly what i needed to do.

i feel so super pepared now, and am so ready to start aff, which begins in 10 days!
Jennifer

don't ask yourself what the world needs, ask yourself what makes you come alive. and then go do that, because what the world needs is people that come alive.

YAY! Congrats! In just 10 days you'll know exactly what it feels like to no longer be strapped to anyone... hehe!:)
Good luck... can't wait to hear how it goes!

"One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar" ~ Helen Keller

my first jump, although i loved it, was super stressful. i had no idea what to expect, my brain went totally numb and i got really nauseated. even with all of that, i knew i wanted to do aff and learn to skydive. that's why i opted for this second tandem. i felt way too nervous to just jump right in.

now, having done all of the level 1 stuff with my instructor strapped to my back, and having jumped with awareness of my surroundings and feeling much more comfortable with the whole thing, i feel REALLY ready to start. my biggest concern at this point is the canopy ride and landing. but i'm way more confident that i'll do ok having the experience of this working tandem under my belt.

aff starts in 6 days and i am super excited to start!
Jennifer

don't ask yourself what the world needs, ask yourself what makes you come alive. and then go do that, because what the world needs is people that come alive.

my first jump, although i loved it, was super stressful. i had no idea what to expect, my brain went totally numb and i got really nauseated. even with all of that, i knew i wanted to do aff and learn to skydive. that's why i opted for this second tandem. i felt way too nervous to just jump right in.

now, having done all of the level 1 stuff with my instructor strapped to my back, and having jumped with awareness of my surroundings and feeling much more comfortable with the whole thing, i feel REALLY ready to start. my biggest concern at this point is the canopy ride and landing. but i'm way more confident that i'll do ok having the experience of this working tandem under my belt.

aff starts in 6 days and i am super excited to start!

Good one Jennifer!!!
You will love it ;)

i did 1 tandem and then started my AFF levels, during the tandem i wasn't scared at all, i just walked to the door and hopped out with the TM. On my level 1 i was really nervous though lol, i still jumped without any issues but i was definitely more stressful walking to the door haha
Good luck!