climbon

Fun jumper friendly DZ in Vegas

Looking for a DZ near Vegas for some fun dives. I went through some old threads and Binged web to find DZ in Vegas, pretty soon I realized many of the DZ's are for Tandoms only.
I found three that do seemto welcome fun jumpers but not sure how sincerely (except Mesquite).

Mesquite - Little far away and would have to rent a car.

Sin City - The DZ locator have some positive reviews but their web site hardly has any information for fun jumpers. It seemed like they want to expand to fun jumpers but only get tandoms.

Vegas Extreme - the web site says that all fun jumpers must be current (recent jump within 30 days) and must have own gear. USPA current requirement for A jumpers is 2 months and three months for B/C so I am not sure what's up.

Any recommendation on a fun jumper friendly DZ in Vegas that also rents gear?

I did the Vegas trip in April. If you have to go to a dropzone that is about fun jumping, Mesquite is the place to go.

Skydive Las Vegas is out. They won't let you on the airplane unless you are a paying tandem.

Vegas Extreme allowed fun jumpers but they were mainly about the tandems. They were a little pricey, too.

Sin City is in the same building as Vegas Extreme. I didn't get a chance to check them out. I think they have a C206.
Peace,
-Dawson.
http://www.SansSuit.com
The Society for the Advancement of Naked Skydiving

Mesquite was fun. It has some pretty good views of the desert and mountains from altitude too. Makes for some cool pictures. Winds start to get a bit choppy in the afternoon though. Gravel/dirt landing area.

It's worth the drive and taking a break from the strip.

I called a bunch of other DZs in Vegas and they were all too eager to hang up on me and take phone calls from tandems. The windtunnel there does not have any coaching either.