kasch

canopy advice

i'd hate to break the news to you, but skydiving wont make it better..

another guy at the dz even had surgery, he's our manifest-bitch now when he visits..

That's your experience. My personal experience after 3 full dislocations (none of this half-assed subluxation shit ;)) is that surgery has worked just fine.
"The ground does not care who you are. It will always be tougher than the human behind the controls."

~ CanuckInUSA

i'd hate to break the news to you, but skydiving wont make it better..

another guy at the dz even had surgery, he's our manifest-bitch now when he visits..

That's your experience. My personal experience after 3 full dislocations (none of this half-assed subluxation shit ;)) is that surgery has worked just fine.

even a blind chicken may find a corn at times..

shoulders are pretty sensitive to this kind of abuse, and them fuckers hardly forget..
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

No one has mentioned the Storm yet. I put a few jumps on one and felt like it was a nice combination of 9 & 7 cell. You said you're at the ranch (my home DZ) if you want to talk to someone about shoulder issues, talk to Justin he had a lot of issues and jumps with a brace all the time.

thats not comforting. lol

i dunno i did a search and looked up shoulder injuries on the forums cause well...i made a post about my shoulder and of course i got advice but also people said "search for shoulder injuries" :D like sangi's sig of your quote says, "reading around here teaches mostly three things: "use the search-function", "you will die" and the classic "you're an idiot"!" ;)

seemed a lot of people either did PT and got better or had surgery then did PT and got better. i know just PT won't help me, i've already tried the gym and built the muscle...i'm sure that's the only reason my shoulder hasn't actually dislocated yet.

and there were a few cases where nothing helped, i just hope i'm not one of those! i don't want to be manifest bitch :(

Sex with sith is like sex with a stripper. A lot of flashing lights and waving of glowing sabers, but in the end you end up with something dark and wrinkely.

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"

You said you're at the ranch (my home DZ) if you want to talk to someone about shoulder issues, talk to Justin he had a lot of issues and jumps with a brace all the time.

yea i need to track him down. T was telling me to talk to him, I just haven't been there since my shoulder got messed up. :)
Sex with sith is like sex with a stripper. A lot of flashing lights and waving of glowing sabers, but in the end you end up with something dark and wrinkely.

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"

I also recommend trying out canopies before you buy. If you have a container you can put it in, most manufactures will send you demos for a few bucks.

Things to keep in mind: There a lots of great canopies out there these days that will fit your needs. Even between great canopies, given the chance to try them you will probably have one (size and/or make) that you like more than the others.

The manufactures descriptions can offer good info, but remember the source. They are trying to sell gear, and they will tend to make everything sound fantastic.

If you ask someone who just bought canopy X, they are going to tell you that canopy X is the best thing ever because they will love it and just spent $$$ on it.

"The best parachute made is the one you just spent $1800 on." Flabby

Looks like you are doing a good job of doing your research. Try a few out if you get the chance and see what you like.

the guy's also a professional tv-guy and makes awesome videos! :P

be careful, you dont want your shoulder popping out when you lift a bottle of beer..

for all i know, MOST people continue to have issues; some dont, but i see chances rather slim, i dont want to discourage you.. :)

-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

your pessimistic outlook warms my heart and fills me with hope :P;)

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"

if it was for the sake of this forum, i should be dead already have taken about two planes full of skydivers with me; guess i been hanging out here for too long! :P

-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

I also have weak shoulders. I think I first injured it lifting, and then made it worse by not giving it time to heal. I think the hardest part of a skydive on the shoulder is taking grips.

The other day I was jumping and we had a 3-way round built waiting for the 4th person to get in. He comes barreling in from behind me (he's a freeflyer) and takes out the formation. My shoulder popped when it funneled, but thankfully didn't come out.
This shit, right here, is OK

if it was for the sake of this forum, i should be dead already have taken about two planes full of skydivers with me; guess i been hanging out here for too long! :P

"i don't like you because you're dangerous." ;)http://misspinkslip.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/top_gun_maverick_tom_cruise_suited.jpg

The other day I was jumping and we had a 3-way round built waiting for the 4th person to get in. He comes barreling in from behind me (he's a freeflyer) and takes out the formation. My shoulder popped when it funneled, but thankfully didn't come out.

I had this image of bowling with people instead of pins reading that.

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"

touche'! i bet you're incredibly fun to jump with....or incredibly dangerous.

or both....yea probably both.

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"

the ones that could tell are no longer with us.. :)

:P

you wouldnt believe the effort it takes to build a bad reputation and maintain it! it's a lot of hard work and determination is key!

-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

oh hey thanks! i didn't know that even existed :) looks like it as a lot of FAQ's that were on my mind

DPH# "-13"
TSK# "-13"