fly4jumps

Starting up a new DZ...

First of all, I am not starting up a new dropzone. Recently however, it seems that even in my little world I am hearing about all kinds of small dropzones being talked about and being started. What's more bewildering is the brilliant minds that seem to be behind them...

We discuss and argue over being good skydivers, being good pilots.. Qualifications always come into play at some point, but what about being a good DZO, or more correctly becoming a successful DZO?

If you are one, or know the stories... How did you or your DZO get started? What experience did they have when they began? Troubles, trials... Major issues.. Nonissues.. What airplanes, rigs, any competition? Was it big? Small? What kind of personalities did they have starting out...? My curiosity isn't limited to these questions ive written here..

Lets not make this a battle of egos.. All tales welcome! Successful ones, failures... But stick to past reality.. Not what we "think" it takes!!

Go. :)