k_marr08

Rent vs. buy used

What's this talk of jumping at the Ranch??? I love SDLI - wouldn't leave it for NOTHIN'. :-P For now at least....thank you Dave for your offer of teaching me how to pack - seems I have help closer but I might take you up on the offer anyway :-) Need to get away from Long Island at some point...Hi Justin - how are you doing - you jumping at all this week? - and yes my weight fluctuates daily - and yes it is very weird, but I have grown accustomed to it so I barely notice it anymore lol - Thank you everyone for responding - you people are awesome (or just bored) and I really appreciate it - I will definately talk to Richie (my AFFI) about what to start looking for :-) AND I will learn how to pack. RIGHT NOW - actually I should - the weather's horrible for anything else - can't even play handball...
"I believe the risks I take are justified by the sheer love of the life I lead" - Charles Lindbergh

Hiya, best to buy your own, there are some great deals out there, ask your instructor to help you. I did and got the best rig, Gera hire adds up and its money you can spend on coaching. I also hate packing my own but its just something you get used to over time, im so so slow lol
As for Helmets buy a good new full face if you can, worth every penny. Jumps suits are better made to measure, depending on how you fall.
Im sure people at your local DZ will help you pick stuff and give you the best advice as they know how you fall etc etc.
Good Luck !
```````````````````````````````````
" Cant keep a good woman down "
Angels have wings, but devils can fly !

As for Helmets buy a good new full face if you can, worth every penny...

Try it on and make double sure you can see your handles with it on, buckled, visored and while hanging in a practice harness. Make sure you can see them and use them before you buy the helmet.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

As for Helmets buy a good new full face if you can, worth every penny...

Try it on and make double sure you can see your handles with it on, buckled, visored and while hanging in a practice harness. Make sure you can see them and use them before you buy the helmet.

Good advice, Andy ... I'd add to that - some regulatory body (the UK, maybe?) restricts use of full-face helmets to newer jumpers. They're not to everyone's taste.

A newer jumper may find just buying a Pro-Tec the way to go until they figure out what direction they want to go in their jumping. If you end up loving freeflying, the full-face isn't going to be as useful.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke