D22369

quick Q's bout my new toy

ok, a while back I posted bout purchasing my first ever brand new pistol - glock model 23 .40 cal - have owned many pistols, but its my first NEW one :D

I asked if buying new guns could be addictive...

I believe the answer is a resounding yes... since that purchase I have wandered through many gun stores, poking and drooling like a kid in a candy store but have resisted the urge to get serious till lately - after all my glock is a fantastic weapon and I feel very comfortable carrying it or shooting from any postion - however its a tad bit bulky and being a skinny fucker its a bit difficult to conceal without a coat or a large overshirt left unbuttoned.

today I broke down n got a new gun its a Taurus PT 740 slim and man when they say slim they mean slim, its easily concealed under just a t-shirt with a front carry - holds 6+1 - I know its not a whole lot of rounds but has virtually everything I was looking for, easy concealment, trigger safety - thumb safe and same calibre as the glock.

my question is: can the point where the trigger breaks be adjusted by a gunsmith? the point on this weapon is very deep in the pull - I am sure I will get used to it in a few hundred rounds, but would prefer to tailor it to my preference if possible.

Thanks!

Roy
They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

Short answer, yes, you absolutely can adjust the trigger pull and break. You can do just about anything you want, just find the right guy for the job, ask a few of the local stores or inqure with some of the competition shooters at the local range. Don't let some garage hack that claims he can do it work on your weapon or you could end up with terrible results.

Happy shooting!
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

awesome! ty

Picked up my kid today from school and he got to shoot his birthday present and I burned 3 clips through my new toy and am looking foreward to throwing more lead tomorrow :)
ty ty

Roy

They say I suffer from insanity.... But I actually enjoy it.

In regards to your original question though, get used to the weapon before making mods. The deep trigger pull only affects the first round, if you learn the best way to reset the trigger without completely releasing it you will have a short pull and will even get used to how much slack you can take out of the trigger on the first round. The deep pull only seems that way because you aren't used to the weapon yet. Every gun has its nuances that once you are used to become comfortable.

happy shooting.
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower