hongkongluna

Packing a step-thru

Thanks for visiting me in the Pro Shop this past weekend as I suggested. Within about 15 minutes you physically saw and learned how to pack/prevent the step through, untangle your main and 4 line/ brake line check, as well as a few pro propack tricks to make you faster. Any questions, come see me again.

I had a rigger pack one on my first reserve ride!!!

I was so fucked off. i went to do my first camera job in Australia, i am a New Zealander. and the ruled specified that if you have to have a cypres or an rsl at the experience level i had.

I was still on my first rig, my dodgy old racer.

i had had it repacked by a friend before i left. he did a wonderful job and added some velcro riser flaps on the shoulders for me on request. they worked a treat.

My boss told me there was a rigger that used to work at the jump shack that could install an rsl for me.

i took it to him and he said "i worked at the jump shack for 10 years i know these like the back of my hand, I'll have to take those flaps off" (i was pissed off about that) but i seemed to have no choice.

two weeks later (luckily i could borrow a rig to work with) i got my rig back. the riser covers were gone:(
the pop top looked like shit all loose, and the rsl used a piece of garden hose on the housing and the spinnaker clip was big enough to attach a traile to my car!!!!

any way a month or so later i packe myself a nice malfunction, it was a weird one, i was packing in a hurry:S on a no wind day. the canopy had fallen over me and i had walked through one of the line withoot noticing. it was a maveric 200 and it opend fine and flew straight but there was a line going completely around the whole lineset and the slider was only 1/3 of the way down. i was filming a tandem and was at 3500 ft so i thought to myself here goes,

(i had detached the rsl for personal reasons;))

i cut away and arched, i was in a standup fior a few seconds and ended up winding down the windows untill i had some airspeed and then got stable and cu away. i had 3 linetwists and a steptrough!!!!!?????

i was completely stable no turnes etc. i was watching my alti and was still at 2500' so had heaps of time for this.

I cannot remember this riggers name and at the time i didn't want to make a big deal out of it, i regret that now! i had footage at the time.

what an asshole!!
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix