Kennedy

US Flag in Distress

Actually, taxes are killing me...

Taxes are lower here than in most industrialized countries. I guss if you had to pay $10 a week you would complain. I agree, disadvantaged people really suck and should go without, the US is not vicious enough to our poor. Also, us spending 45% of the world's military bill isn't enough either. Considering we are #1 in spending and the next in line spends 1/9th of what we do, well, we should spend more.

...I live a one bedroom apartment, not a house...

You still have a much better standard than virtually every illegal.

...and I got in a fight at work yesterday, though G.S.15A-401(d)(1) says I get to keep my job,...

Fight another cop or a citizen?

...and before that yesterday I arrested a criminal of hispanic origins who is in the country illegaly - he was driving a very expensive "blinged" escalade. I don't know, does dealing drugs and breaking the law qualify as a "menial" job?

That job isn't menial nor elaborate, it's just illegal and sucks, as you won;t do it for long before you get busted. Would you wanna switch jobs with him? Doubt it, so his job sucks as compared to yours. Furthermore, do you think he represents even a small % of illegals? Doubt it.

But there's no doubt in my mind that my life is better than most and I love it.

That's my point, thx for supporting it for me.;)

ps - you hate me yet? I'm a cop.

I couldn't tell. No, I don;t hate cops, I wish I could get away with crimes too B|

Actually, taxes are killing me

Hurts a lot of people, spending money on someone means taking it exclusively from tax payers either now or in the future. Try taking your infant daughter to the ER on an evening. These damned politicians act like this is a abstract problem, it's not.

And spending 9 times the #2 spending country for defense is pathetic as well. Who's after us? We would be less hated if we weren't so imperialistic; less would be more.

Why is it the consrvative-types get their panties all bunched when some ass-fucks try to and sucessfully piss you off?

Because it's these same ass-fucks who are behind some of our ever-increasing crime rates. Fayetteville, AR, for example. A few years ago, there was virtually no crime. Now there are all these Hispanic kids running around stealing shit and causing trouble. The "disrespecting the flag" issue just kinda pushes it over the edge. Why the hell would anyone defend that and make excuses for them? Their mamas should be teaching them better.

It pisses me off that Juan and his little buddies down the street apparently know who stole my kids brand new dirt bike ($2700). But they aren't talking. Little shits.

linz

Makes a lot of sense till here:

The "disrespecting the flag" issue just kinda pushes it over the edge.

It's silly fucking symbolism. I had my car ripped off and I live in a border state. Witnesses said 3 hispanic males were seen running from the car as the steering locked up due to amateur jacking of it. Let's focs on teh important, getting these fucks off the streets and leave the ridiculous, pathetic sybolism of teh flag, chuch and other silly oppressive garbage to the private sector to worship as they wish. It comes off as idiots fighting over who's football team is better; who gives a shit?

Why the hell would anyone defend that and make excuses for them?

I'm not defending it, it's just that the flag means shit. The health of our country is the important thing, not some silly game of paintball where we want to steal the other countries flag. Fuck people, this is not Iwo Jima, this is the 21st where corps are king, all this silly patriotism is moot. Yea, let's clean the streets of scum committing crimes, not inverting fabric.

It pisses me off that Juan and his little buddies down the street apparently know who stole my kids brand new dirt bike ($2700). But they aren't talking. Little shits.

I agree. A former friend of mine had his fairly new GSXR 1000 stolen and trashed.... teh thieves were crackheads who just got out of prison. SOmetimes it's Juan, sometimes is cracky the crackhead, but either way, I praise cops who put down the ticket books and go after that scum.

And spending 9 times the #2 spending country for defense is pathetic as well.

As measured how? Not GDP and so the numbers are largely meaningless.

Basd upon gross spending, not GDP. WIth a debt that is at a record pace under your president, I think cuts need to happen. is dad and Clinton cut about as many as each other, raised taxes and the debt leveled off. Your president entered and set new records for rate of increase and some will bitch about taxes. Did you see the other thread where I illustrated that China holds over 1T of teh 8.8T debt and they do so in order to keep the US dollar artificially inflated? It keeps their goods at a great value, but when they want they can dump our debt and drop our dollar thru the floor. And the neo-cons like to say how Clinton was a China-lover, look at the handywork of your 3 stooges, took teh debt from 1T to 8.8T.

So although your GDP, essentially a ratio argument is valid, it loses its value as the debt is so high. Furthermore, who wants to attack us? Rogue, nomadic groups? Please, defend our ports and they're, menaingless.

Your question was "why...." (and I don't just think it's conservative types). The world would be more peaceful if more people were like you and analyzed their emotions and reactions to them in some depth. But as it is, most people just go with their guts most of the time. And that contributes to people getting their panties in a wad.

linz
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

It's silly fucking symbolism. I had my car ripped off and I live in a border state. Witnesses said 3 hispanic males were seen running from the car as the steering locked up due to amateur jacking of it. Let's focs on teh important, getting these fucks off the streets and leave the ridiculous, pathetic sybolism of teh flag,

You might say that one form of disrespect is indicative of others. They didn't respect your right to own and keep your vehicle in your possession. It all just shows disrespect of all authority.

Take it to heart.

Your question was "why...." (and I don't just think it's conservative types). The world would be more peaceful if more people were like you and analyzed their emotions and reactions to them in some depth. But as it is, most people just go with their guts most of the time. And that contributes to people getting their panties in a wad.

linz

It was a rhetorical question all the way, I think yioy know that. It's typically the conservatives who care about symbolic things.

A gut check, perhaps an autonomic reaction, but it's due to a lifetime of conditioning to react violently to flag burning, yet ignore the homeless. It's really a values thing, and that leands to panties wadding up for symbolic things.

It's silly fucking symbolism. I had my car ripped off and I live in a border state. Witnesses said 3 hispanic males were seen running from the car as the steering locked up due to amateur jacking of it. Let's focs on teh important, getting these fucks off the streets and leave the ridiculous, pathetic sybolism of teh flag,

You might say that one form of disrespect is indicative of others. They didn't respect your right to own and keep your vehicle in your possession. It all just shows disrespect of all authority.

Take it to heart.

But I can live and drive with never seeing another flag of amy natio for the rest of my life, I need my car.

And actually you further my point by illustrating ths respect notion. find gang-bangers use it. I'm not calling you a gangster, I'm just saying tehy get into silly representations too, turf, looking people in teh eye, flashing brights, colors, etc.... Really bordering on pathetic in my mind, I just can't see teh significance of martyring over cloth and cosses, but I'm really about substantive things.

Don't forget, you need to invoke emotion to get people to sacrifice over silly things, so you use monikers when there is no real justification.

but it's due to a lifetime of conditioning to react violently to flag burning, yet ignore the homeless.

I haven't seen anyone reacting violently, but I certainly understand why it gets under folks' skin and why people would like to send a few loads of bad-acting people back across the border.
--
A conservative is just a liberal who's been mugged. A liberal is just a conservative who's been to jail

but it's due to a lifetime of conditioning to react violently to flag burning, yet ignore the homeless.

I haven't seen anyone reacting violently, but I certainly understand why it gets under folks' skin and why people would like to send a few loads of bad-acting people back across the border.

There has been violent dissent to flag burners, and violent language being more prevalent. Why would it get under your skin? It's their flag, if they steal a flag then it's a low level theft.

You're missing the point, can we get upset about substantive things like crime, homlessness, health of Americans and leave worrying about silly monikers to times when we are bored after fixing all of teh ills of teh the country?

People can get upset about whatever upsets them. It bothers some people that so many illegals are coming here taking advantage of what we pay for with our tax dollars then disrespecting us in the ways that they do...crime, for instance. I bet most are more concerned about what's happening to our country as a result of these people's behavior than they are angered by individual, isolated incidents.

Being bothered by dim-wits burning a flag (or whatever they did) doesn't preclude being bothered by the social issues you mentioned. Those same people who are annoyed by these hoodlums often believe that people should be responsible for themselves. Their answers to the problems of homelessness, healthcare, and crime may not be the same as yours, but that's very different than not being concerned.

I'm not missing the point. I just don't think it's much of one. Perhaps "the conservatives" consider the little gangsters to be an "ill of the country" that's as much, if not more of, a threat to where we're headed in the big scheme.
--

People can get upset about whatever upsets them. It bothers some people that so many illegals are coming here taking advantage of what we pay for with our tax dollars then disrespecting us in the ways that they do...crime, for instance. I bet most are more concerned about what's happening to our country as a result of these people's behavior than they are angered by individual, isolated incidents.

Perfect, exactly.....

Steal shit, commit any crimes, use free services = fucking hate that

Talk bad, piss on the flag, call this country theirs = who goves a shit?

The word, "SUBSTANTIVE." At the end of teh day, what really matters and what hurts our pride? Remember, all the bible thumpers out there, the 7 deadly sins? WHo cares about silly pride? Let's focus on issues that effect us.

Being bothered by dim-wits burning a flag (or whatever they did) doesn't preclude being bothered by the social issues you mentioned.

I like how you consolidate my concern to just those silly social isues. I' m talking important issues like homelessness, medical care, etc, issue that have substance, not the BS pride behind a flag. BTW, I've noticed most people who have this pride by today's standard have never served in teh military.

And you say one doesn't preclude the other. Again, very conservative of you to convolute the issues.

- Homeless, illegal immigration, crime = harm done

- Burning a flag you own = no harm done

Those same people who are annoyed by these hoodlums often believe that people should be responsible for themselves.

Being responsible and deciding to burn a flag can be synonymous. It is not irresponsible to hang a flag upside down or place it under another flag. You're confusing responsible for this neo-(false)Patriotism.

Their answers to the problems of homelessness, healthcare, and crime may not be the same as yours, but that's very different than not being concerned.

I gotta laugh.

Their answer is to ignore or be offended by the presence of the homeless, the uninsured. The difference is that they want to prosecute flag burners and bring back vegrancy laws. And then call themselves compassionate conservatives. Always nice to see a man sworn by the hypocratic oath care more about fabric than the general health of our people.:S

I'm not missing the point. I just don't think it's much of one. Perhaps "the conservatives" consider the little gangsters to be an "ill of the country" that's as much, if not more of, a threat to where we're headed in the big scheme.

So let's wait until these gangsters commit statuted crimes rather than moral offenses as defined by the elitists. This is why we don't need teh churches defining our court system as you wish they would.

Again, the point:

Crime, homelessness, medical covergae for all = impertant

Punks desecrating teh flag = meaningless, unless you have too much money and/or time.

And spending 9 times the #2 spending country for defense is pathetic as well.

How did you conclude that we are spending nine times #2 in defense spending? What's your source?

As a percentage of GDP we're 46th.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_military_expenditures

That is the gross expenditure. Tell me, why does the GDP matter? I would think a more intelligent approach would be land mass size. Truth is, the more you spend and teh more offensive you are to the rest of the world the more you need to spend. If Sweeden had a GDP greater than ours, they would still have very little military expenditure. So I think the GDP arg works for healthcare, the more people the more GDP, the more costs, but they should remain proportionate.

Your argument directly correlates the economic product with the required military expenditure. Really a meaningless correlation as for need of military. And hen you factor in thet we are such an enormous debtor nation, and our dollar is kept artificially high to keep other's products cheap, that further skews the truth.

BTW, as of the CIA in 2005 we are 30th.

https://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/rankorder/2034rank.html

Considering Iraq is 8th and RWanda is 1st, your stat is meaningless and obscure.

Here's for the war-mongers:

Of all the enemies to public liberty war is, perhaps, the most to be dreaded because it comprises and develops the germ of every other. War is the parent of armies; from these proceed debts and taxes … known instruments for bringing the many under the domination of the few.… No nation could preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare.

— James Madison, Political Observations, 1795

Look at the history of debt, it rose during the civil war, WWI, WWII and esp VNam. Madison was a genius b4 his time. Too bad the neo-con presidents are too greedy or too stupid to understand this.

http://www.globalissues.org/Geopolitics/ArmsTrade/Spending.asp

See, whe fascist Reagan left office it declined until the chimp took over.

The USA, responsible for about 80 per cent of the increase in 2005, is the principal determinant of the current world trend, and its military expenditure now accounts for almost half of the world total;

The USA is responsible for 48 per cent of the world total, distantly followed by the UK, France, Japan and China with 4–5 per cent each.

Linking military spending to the GDP is an argument frequently made by supporters of higher military budgets. Comparing military spending (or any other spending for that matter) to the GDP tells you how large a burden such spending puts on the US economy, but it tells you nothing about the burden a $440 billion military budget puts on U.S. taxpayers. Our economy may be able to bear higher military spending, but the question today is whether current military spending levels are necessary and whether these funds are going towards the proper priorities. Further, such comparisons are only made when the economy is healthy. It is unlikely that those arguing that military spending should be a certain portion of GDP would continue to make this case if the economy suddenly weakened, thus requiring dramatic cuts in the military.

Why is it the consrvative-types get their panties all bunched when some ass-fucks try to and sucessfully piss you off?

Because it's these same ass-fucks who are behind some of our ever-increasing crime rates. Fayetteville, AR, for example. A few years ago, there was virtually no crime. Now there are all these Hispanic kids running around stealing shit and causing trouble. The "disrespecting the flag" issue just kinda pushes it over the edge. Why the hell would anyone defend that and make excuses for them? Their mamas should be teaching them better.

linz

Hey!!!!

I was not there...lol. But if it was me, I would trick them in a flight out of the country.
"According to some of the conservatives here, it sounds like it's fine to beat your wide - as long as she had it coming." -Billvon

Crime, homelessness, medical covergae for all = impertant

Punks desecrating teh flag = meaningless, unless you have too much money and/or time.

And again, being bothered by people burning the flag does not hinder a person's ability to also have other social concerns. I don't understand how saying that convolutes any issues. In any given day, the number of problems that roll through my mind can be huge. Each one gets its own attention, and some are more important than others. I can do it quite easily. Can you?

I gotta laugh.

Their answer is to ignore or be offended by the presence of the homeless, the uninsured.

Your answer is to break the bank to provide for every person's needs. I don't think either end of the spectrum is appropriate, and both are laughable. Your concern is a social responsibility. Theirs is a fiscal responsibility. Both are important.

So let's wait until these gangsters commit statuted crimes rather than moral offenses as defined by the elitists.

Wait for what? To refuse to tolerate their behavior? I think the time to be concerned about the behavior of our youth is long before they're committing felonies.

And, btw...I never called them "silly social issues." You said that.
--