akarunway

Little by little coming to you from your big brother

Bet the rich kids don't get fingerprinted

Of course not since if you bothered to READ the article.

"Currently, the information is written on paper and transferred to computer so reports can be compiled and sent to the state and federal governments, which reimburse school districts for the subsidized lunches served."

But you didn't seem to get upset when they WERE ALREADY DOING IT BY PAPER!!!! Or how other districts were DOING IT ALREADY by 6 digit code!!

So, either you hate that the information is recorded..Which it does need to be recorded so people get paid. Or you hate the fact that it is done by finger print?

How do you feel about the 6 digit code and all the information that it has stored?

Like it or not Biometrics are used more and more. One store I shop at has a finger print machine for transactions. Pilots have biometric checkins at airports.

So what really gets you pissed about this? The biometrics, or the recording of information (which was already being done)?

"Currently, the information is written on paper and transferred to computer so reports can be compiled and sent to the state and federal governments, which reimburse school districts for the subsidized lunches served."

But you didn't seem to get upset when they WERE ALREADY DOING IT BY PAPER!!!! Or how other districts were DOING IT ALREADY by 6 digit code!!

So, either you hate that the information is recorded..Which it does need to be recorded so people get paid. Or you hate the fact that it is done by finger print?

How do you feel about the 6 digit code and all the information that it has stored?

Like it or not Biometrics are used more and more. One store I shop at has a finger print machine for transactions. Pilots have biometric checkins at airports.

So what really gets you pissed about this? The biometrics, or the recording of information (which was already being done)?

The recording of information and the fact that the rich are getting richer and the poor poorer(at the expense of the latter). How bout that?
I hold it true, whate'er befall;
I feel it, when I sorrow most;
'Tis better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all.

Must be OK then.

And besides, why worry if you're not doing anything wrong.:)

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

The recording of information

If that is true, then why get all pissed now? I mean they have been doing it for a long time. I can remember kids when I was in school having to give their name for free lunches, and that was 20 years ago. So they have been doing it AT LEAST that long. Where was your rage then?

and the fact that the rich are getting richer and the poor poorer(at the expense of the latter). How bout that?

That has nothing to do with THIS article.

The recording of information and the fact that the rich are getting richer and the poor poorer(at the expense of the latter). How bout that?

Huh?? What does that response have to do with the article?

Sounds like you're more upset about the fact that DaVinci pointed out you didn't read and/or understand the article before you posted it.

Must be OK then.

And besides, why worry if you're not doing anything wrong.

I am not worried.

Do you see this as any different than writting their name down, or making them use a six digit code? Both tie a person to an act.

Well, that depends on what happens to the fingerprints. Government has a long history of abuse of information.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

Aples and oranges, It is not the same to use usernames/passwords than biometric information. Here i am botellines and in other forum, i may be Mr Guiness. With Biometric information I am one and the same everywhere, and in case that someone crosses databases (and the government does not guarantee that it is not being done) i certainly don´t want Company A to know what i do with company B and C.

Practical example. I don´t want my health insurance company to know how many beers i buy a wek because they could rise my insurance. And if i were to use biometric information in the liquor store and in the insurance company, they would only have to cross databases.

Aples and oranges, It is not the same to use usernames/passwords than biometric information. Here i am botellines and in other forum, i may be Mr Guiness. With Biometric information I am one and the same everywhere, and in case that someone crosses databases (and the government does not guarantee that it is not being done) i certainly don´t want Company A to know what i do with company B and C.

Except the 6 digit number is attached to your NAME. Otherwise the state does not get paid.

Your fear of misuse is justified, but THEY ALREADY KNOW WHO YOU ARE, and using the keypad shows them what you did.

The thing about online is that no one uses your online posts to charge anyone for a service. The kids using finger prints or using the keypad are doing the same thing.

Well, that depends on what happens to the fingerprints. Government has a long history of abuse of information.

That is a fair and rational argument. But claiming that they know what you did would not be since the six digit number does that as well.