kallend

Political interference at FDA?

Well, only 1 in 6 scientists filled out the survey, so I guess those percentages are bloated. However, it would seem to substantiate some of the suspicion raised in the face of some of the drugs that were approved, then recalled.
So I try and I scream and I beg and I sigh
Just to prove I'm alive, and it's alright
'Cause tonight there's a way I'll make light of my treacherous life
Make light!

Well, only 1 in 6 scientists filled out the survey, so I guess those percentages are bloated. However, it would seem to substantiate some of the suspicion raised in the face of some of the drugs that were approved, then recalled.

Eaven if only one in six replied the percentages of the replies that have had interfernece by any scitific standard is way too high.
SO this one time at band camp.....

"Of all the things I've lost I miss my mind the most."

being someone who deals w/ the FDA a great deal in my job, I can tell you categorically that this is TRUE.

but one example...

At least 5, maybe more, women who have taken Mifeprex (RU-486, the abortion pill) have died due to bacterial infections, sepsis, or prolonged, heavy bleeding. All the FDA did was (RELUCTANTLY) attach new health warnings to the labeling of the drug.

On the other hand, the FDA forcibly pulled Vioxx from the market when it found that there was a two-fold increase of heart attack or stroke for people taking the drug for 18 months or more.

A little incongruent, isn't it?

(This isn't meant to start a debate about abortion, but rather to indicate that the political climate of the FDA is lock-step in line w/ the abortion industry a la the Clinton administration, which is when many of those in appointed positions there were placed.)

I miss Lee.
And JP.
And Chris. And...