cygnusbase

Bag Lock Recovery using Flysight Data

A while back during a wingsuit comp I had a bag lock at pull time. It occurred over a pretty dense wooded area. I was able to fly my reserve around the dbag to spot it's landing but the bag lock just fell too fast before i could spot it. I do not use a flysight regularly but I did for this competition. No One knew I was missing for a while but Michael Cooper responded to my many young childern asking where I went:) He picked me up down the road and we went back to the DZ where he wanted to view the flysight data. Given the attached file we were able to understand the drift area that the Bag would have achieved from the cutaway altitude and current conditions. Back into the deeply wooded area(and I mean thick bushes and mean stuff) and we walked the line from cutaway along wind direction and we found it 50m into the wooded area under some thick bushes, just stepped onto it.

Anyway, pretty happy that the little device saved me from having to buy a new main, dbag, and bridle.

Just keep it in mind as a possible tool for a few different obscure scenarios around Equipment recovery(Main, cameras, shoes, etc).

Kris