Di0

Help with the Button clip modification on Oxygn Helmet

Hello guys!

So, I know this might be a stupid question, but I have looked and couldn't find the answer, and I've never done these things, not exactly your DIY guy here.
Thus, please explain like you would to a 3 years old kid.

I bought a GoPro and while I am saving the money to buy a proper open-face to do some dedicated camera work (really craving the Tonfly 2.5x), I have a spare Oxygn that I wouldn't mind modifying as a makeshift helmet to stick a gopro in and do Hop & Pops with, since this is what I'm mainly working on nowadays.
Not ideal, camera on a closed face, sure but... whatever, let's assume it'll do for a couple of months or so, with a low snag profile mount.

This old Oxygn still has the worn out velcro on the strap that tightens up the helmet. Before I stick a gopro on it, I'd like to do the button modification.
It shouldn't be hard but I really have no idea to where even start.

Would anyone of you that has done it already describe me the step-to-step process as simply as possilble
Also maybe a link to the right size buttons, clips, etc, all the extra stuff I'd need to buy?
I think it'd be fun to try!

Thank you and have a great day!
I'm standing on the edge
With a vision in my head
My body screams release me
My dreams they must be fed... You're in flight.

jumpsalot-2

You do know not to mount any camera to a helmet without a cut-away system, right ? Maybe this is a bad idea (for your camera helmet). :$

Thank you, I will look at those parts you mentioned and see if I can figure out how to make it work!

As for that being a bad idea, yup, I'm perfectly aware.
Let me say, I'll go ahead and do the button clip mod anyway because it'll give new life to a helmet I wouldn't otherwise use. As to whether I'll later add a camera on top, I am still questioning that. Hopefully by the time I'm done with the mod, I'll have found a good proper open face to fly camera and be a lot happier. :D Thank you again.
I'm standing on the edge
With a vision in my head

mjosparky

Take a look at this site. He one of the top aerial photographers in the world. Notice what type of helmet he wears.

What site? I can't see any. B|
I'm standing on the edge
With a vision in my head