dthames

Low volume 190s fit in Mirage M4 size?

I have studied the Mirage charts and there does not seem to be any specific information about low volume type main canopies.

Specifically I am wondering if a 190 Pilot ZPX and a low volume 190 size reserve would fit okay in the M4 size container. Does anyone out there have personal experience that would help answer this question?

I currently have (purchased used) a G3, M5 with a Tempo 210 (fairly tight) and a 210 Pilot ZPX (not all that tight) and the Mirage charts would suggest a M6 for 210 size. The charts say they are guidelines and not absolutes. So experience might be very helpful.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dan
Instructor quote, “What's weird is that you're older than my dad!”

i have been jumping a G4 M4 for a few years and have no issues packing my Sabre 170 into it. I imagine a 190 ZPX would be about the same.
As far as reserve, I have a PD 160 Reserve. You might have issues squeezing a low volume 190 in to a G4. Best consult your rigger before making any purchases. Might be better to get a Optimum 176
Good luck!