michaeljenkins

Percision 330 tandem canopy

Ok guys rigging question of the day. We have Percision 330's and have gotten the lines shipped back to us from the factory setup wrong. It's a 2 steering 6 flaring configuration. On the six flaring toggles, let's say fl1-fl6. Fl1 being closest to the outside of the canopy. Line lengths should be fl1 longer than fl2 and fl2 longer than fl3. Fl3 and fl4 same length (or close) then fl4 shorter than fl5 and fl5 shorter than fl6. I hope I'm explain this right. According to the Icarus website this is correct. We line setup that has fl1 shorter than fl2 and fl3 is shorter than fl1 then the others seem right. Am I wrong in assuming this setup isn't right as it seems to have our canopies flying in brakes.....

michaeljenkins

Ok guys rigging question of the day. We have Percision 330's and have gotten the lines shipped back to us from the factory setup wrong. It's a 2 steering 6 flaring configuration. On the six flaring toggles, let's say fl1-fl6. Fl1 being closest to the outside of the canopy. Line lengths should be fl1 longer than fl2 and fl2 longer than fl3. Fl3 and fl4 same length (or close) then fl4 shorter than fl5 and fl5 shorter than fl6. I hope I'm explain this right. According to the Icarus website this is correct. We line setup that has fl1 shorter than fl2 and fl3 is shorter than fl1 then the others seem right. Am I wrong in assuming this setup isn't right as it seems to have our canopies flying in brakes.....

Call Precision directly to resolve this. Your analysis looks valid about the brake lines being installed in the wrong order