Leapinglizardto

Skydiving with ALS

Does anybody know of any TI/AFFI instructors in the north east (CT,NJ,NY,PA) that specialize in working with Tandems or AFF students with disabilities?
I have a friend interested in getting their skydiving A License. Who was recently confronted with facing a diagnosis of ALS.
I tried to do a search here from them but really didn't find anything. Please help with any references you may know of. It would really mean a lot to me if you could help me find some information on the subject.
Thanks
Blues :)
It's pretty pathetic when you have to TELL people you're fucking cool Skymama «narrative»This thread will lock in 3..2.. What a load of narrow-minded Xenophobic Bullshit!-squeak

Does anybody know of any TI/AFFI instructors in the north east (CT,NJ,NY,PA) that specialize in working with Tandems or AFF students with disabilities?

I have a friend interested in getting their skydiving A License. Who was recently confronted with facing a diagnosis of ALS.

I tried to do a search here from them but really didn't find anything. Please help with any references you may know of. It would really mean a lot to me if you could help me find some information on the subject.

Thanks
Blues :)

I was dx'd wioth ALS in Sept. 2005
-skydiving is saving my life/keeping me alive-longer.

As for the dx and skydiving, as long as the person is able to perform the tasks required there is no reason someone like us cannot skydive...

if you want to talk to my tandem progression, and AFF isntructor just contact parachuteschool.com, talk to Adam the DZO and ask him for info on how to contact Angus Smith (my coach) and even talking to Adam might give you some info/answers.

Angus might know some instructors in the USA willing to help with this....

good luck and keep us posted as to what is happening.

(if you want to see what I've done, how I am learning about skydiving solo, you can check out my thread in this forum -only one started by gimpboogie. :ph34r:
To become active member in the Bonus Days Club you must very narrowly escape eternal freefall ... one exciting time.)-Pat Works

Wow, that is amazing. That F*CKING ROCKS! B| God bless ya! You're skydiving 3 yrs after being dx'd. B| Good for you! :)
Thank You so much for taking the time to reply and for all of the helpful contact information. I will be following up on this today. And yes I will keep you post! Please do the same? :)B|
Blue skies :)

It's pretty pathetic when you have to TELL people you're fucking cool Skymama «narrative»This thread will lock in 3..2.. What a load of narrow-minded Xenophobic Bullshit!-squeak