Bexx

Cleaning Used Container

This past weekend I bought my first container, with a reserve in it (woot woot!), but I am back off to University for a few weeks until I can go back home to my DZ. There are a few dirt marks on the container that I would like to clean up, without having to have someone take the reserve out for me.

Any tips on cleaning these marks up?
Specifically, they are on:
-outside reserve flap (small dirt mark)
-main canopy cover flaps.

Any tips or tricks would be greatly appreciated!

-B

just wait until you can wash it at reserve repack time - remove everything from the rig. this from the UPT website...

APPENDIX D: WASHING YOUR VECTOR
Over the years we've seen some extremely dirty Vectors! We've found that many people are unsure how to get their
container clean. For that reason, we have put together the following instructions on how to make your Vector smell
and look good again.
The best way to wash a rig is the "good old fashion way" with slightly warm water and Woolite.
First, remove the packing data card, reserve ripcord and cover all hook Velcro.
Use a big tub; let the rig stay in the soapy water 4 hrs.
Occasionally swish the rig around in the tub to loosen dirt.
Drain soapy water, fill tub with clean water, and swish rig around until the clear water becomes soapy and
cloudy.
Drain tub and repeat until all soap and dirt residue are gone, usually in 3 rinses.
Let the rig naturally dry, without direct sunlight. We usually allow a small fan to blow air past it to speed up
the drying process.
We do not recommend using a washing machine. Extended agitation in a washing machine could have negative
effects in the long run. This also requires you to wrap the heavy hardware to minimize damage to the machine