ClayFowler

Costa Brava???

Empuria is a great place.
http://www.gna.es/dlleure/Paraca/eng/index.htm
theres lots of beach in the town itself (allthough I've never been on it! if its nice enough to sun tan, its nice enough to skydive).
They have some good RW organizing, and the FF team Babylon is based there, so if falling on your head is your cup of tea...
There's beautifull contryside to explore if the weather is bad. Which it can be... That part of Europe gets whats called the Tramontagne: a strong, long, persistant wind from the north (when I say long, it can last for a few days). Have a look at the climate info http://www.onlineweather.com/v4/world/europe/Spain/climate/Barcelona.html
That being said, both my wife and I managed about 25 jumps in each of the 1 week stays we had there in Xmas and Easter, and some days were weathered out
Its really close to Barcelona. I you havent been to Spain to do the tourist thing before, Barcelona is DEFINATLY a place to visit. Its about 2 hours away (Bracelona is the best city I've visited, and I've been around... just ask my wife ;)).
Nite life: (Disclaimer: I'm not a nite howl anymore...) how late do you want to stay up???? If you dont know Spain, you're in for a surprise..... Ther are a couple of discos in Empuria itself (Empuria is a bit of a holiday destination for Germans and Brits); Barcelona, well, its only the most vibrant city in Southern Europe in my opinion... Most places dont get going until midnite, and close in the weeee hourse of the morning (I've seen people walking out of the Discos in Empuria when we were getting up to go to the DZ...)
If Discos arent you things, pick a Bar, any Bar.....
All that being said, if you go for a hard core skydive holiday, it should be good, but like any place its weather depending. If you wanna mix jumping with good old fashion tourism, not too may better places in my opinion...
If you want more info, just ask!
Remi

Sounds better and better all the time. I just saw a post talking about their exit order there. The guy was saying they put tandems out first and as a free flyer he kept ending up with four ways opening up around him? WTFO? I had a friend that should have died after a Combat Controller came through his canopy on a HALO jump. The video was bad and his injuries worse. Dont want to see my canopy coming at me at high speed just after opening......Haven't been to Spain before so it should be a great experience and I'm definately a hard core Free Flyer.

Well, if they send Tandems 1st, its new since April!!!
As fard as you being a hard core free flyer.. oh well, we cant all know how to fall stable! jk...
I'm flat, but check out http://www.babylon-freefly.com/
have aslo a look at my reply (not that I know anything...) to the order order post.... and Empuria has clear rules for tracking designed to keep FFer and RWer from making mid-air soup...
By the way, are you single, coz I havent mentioned spanish women yet.... :)

Well, all I can say is based on my personnal taste (and the taste of every single man I've had this discussion with): Spanish girls have the nicest asses in the Western world....
DONT FLAME ME!!! there are other women, from other parts of the world, that have very nice behinds too... BUT AS A GROUP, nothing beats Spain IMHO....
Dont ask me how they feel: I'm a married man!!! ;)
Remi

Remi! Your wife has a fine ass, what I remember of it! :o Spanish butts, my ass...mutter mutter...patriotic grumblings stirring....
Make sure you visit the Surf Inn, you'll meet lotsa skydivers and everyone there drinks like fish, especially if you get weathered out for any time...
The DZ are also really brilliant as they'll book accommodation for you if you ring them up before you go. They'll also get you a skydivers' discount! Make sure you take your USPA/ BPA membership with you when you arrive, as they are concerned about third party insurance. They also sell some cool Matter freefly gear so if you need any it's worth checking it out.
And be careful about exit order, it's quite an 'everyone for themselves' attitude out there and my friend nearly popped through a skysurfer's canopy while we were out there because he didn't mention he was deploying at 5k and hopped out before our 4-way...duh...
If you get sick of Empuria, Roses is just 10 mins down the road and it's really pretty and Spanish.
Have fun and be safe!
Em
:)

hey i am at empuria at present on a wind hold but it´s looking better at the moment they hasver the 2 pilotus porters running and the super twin otter which get 23 jumpers to 13,000 feet in ten minutes it´s luuuuuuuuuuuuuuushh i have actually started sit flying and managing to fall straight down which is really col the people are really friendly and yes the chicks butts are nice out here they had a beach party at the surf inn last night it was still riocking at 06:00 when i left there this morning the whole bar was filled with sand lots of semi naked females (some completely ) cavorting around.
lotsa of fun loads of friendly people if you want to go somewhere go there it´s very very coool
plus they have some of the best freeflyers here in the babylon freefly school
hope it helps
cheeeers mooooooooooose

Shit! Semi and totally naked females? Cavorting??? I was planning on heading over there with me bloke at Xmas but now......well! But I guess Xmas will be cold...fewer naked, pert, Spanish womens' butts, one hopes....
Mind you, now the Spanish men, come to think of it, especially Vince, he does have rather pleasant eyes.....AAARGH! Why does sex always creep insidiously into our skydiving conversations? Or is it just me? A symptom of my mind attaempting to prevent its rotting into corporate mush by thinking about 2 topics (sex/skydiving) more interesting than sales forecasts.....
Humph. Hope you have a lovely time cavorting with da laydeeez, Moose!
E

in fact i was cavorting with a fine spanish lass last night woke up this morning said tootlepip and got on the first load this morning have got 2 jumps in so far just waiting for the next one to go up i can actually hold a sit now without going into my spin of death (so the other guy who was jumping with me said)
he blue skies MMMMoooooooooooooooose