Hellis

Jumprun airspeed piston/turbine planes

Stall speed clean at gross weight is 62 mph plus I have vortex generators that are supposed to reduce that another 8%. It's never been an issue.
Replying to: Re: Stall On Jump Run Emergency Procedure? by billvon

If the plane is unrecoverable then exiting is a very very good idea.

There's a really good website out there for jump pilots.

It covers a lot of stuff. Some of it is a bit technical, but most jumpers can learn a lot if they wish.

It has recommended jump run speeds for a variety of different planes.

DiverDriver
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Just read the 182 section on Diver driver and its full of inaccuracies. Maximum door opening speed is not 100. My 182 is placarded max door opening speed 80 mph. Same as any other 182 I've flown. If I could get 300 degree cylinder temperatures on jump run I would be thrilled. I would need about a 5 mile jump run to cool down that much. Who ever wrote that never flew a plane with a 6 cylinder engine analyzer. You can't shock cool below 300 degrees cyl heat temp. Full rpm with no cut? Yea just blow that AFF student right off the step. Add power if you feel buffeting? Why? Lower the nose. Add power and you better be on the trim ball because that's what causes spins, a low airspeed stall and being out of trim.
Replying to: Re: Stall On Jump Run Emergency Procedure? by billvon

If the plane is unrecoverable then exiting is a very very good idea.

The "slowest" speed was minus 3 mph when I asked the helicopter pilot to back up in order to get a better spot. It was at the Mont St Sauveur Quebec ParaSki in the eigthies.

The fastest speed was with the Hercules at 155 mph at the WFFC Quincy Ill. in 1986. But I think we got it higher at maybe 180 mph when jumping the Boeing 727 at Quincy Ill. for the first time in 1992. The pilot didn't know already what to do for a "slow" flight. Later on he realized that lowering the landing gear and putting some slats and flaps would help. On this jump, when passing the door, you felt like if a football player was pushing you hard in the back for 2000 ft. I heard that some jumpers have dislocated their shoulders on that jump but I couldn't verify.

Who can top that (on the picture) with 180 jumpers packed in a single airplane, ie the Boeing 727 ? It was my second jump from the Boeing 727, again at Quincy but in 1998.
Learn from others mistakes, you will never live long enough to make them all.