skycat

$12 jumps at Skydive Houston

Forwarding this from rec.skydiving.....if you can make it come out it should be a good time. Hooknswoop is suppose to be organizing this weekend and any experience level is welcome. If nothing else you can watch my "I haven't jumped on my belly in 3 months" butt flail around the sky. :D
Skydive Houston is having a $12 JUMPS this weekend (20-21st april) and $14jumps -EVERY DAY until the end of april!!
-save a jump for saturday evenings' hit and chug competition! (and bring beer!!)
Skydive Houston is rocking this year so keep an eye out for new and exciting events happening this season- so pack your gear, get your cowboy hats on, and git on out here, y'all!!!
1-2june is the CASA boogie and TSL meet- so we will have the super otter here as well!
http://www.skydivehouston.com
Almost forgot, if nothing else you need to come out to meet Lisa the new Manifest chick.....the girls got it going on!!!

Lisa in manifest RULZ. ......such a cordial nice person...
We correspond constantly and I cant wait to Waller-Party with her. Who .. hope I have a driver or I will have to crawl from the Crew Dog camp to the SUV......
Waller will host $12 jump weekend ~ PLUS hit and chug Sat night.
Good Lord - Look out, famous for the Frosty Beverage Load and laid back chillin atmosphere. Good looking single MEN. (see Travis) Has he gone to Colorado yet? Hope not.
I cant WAIT.......... Let me get the 'wade the ditch' water off my jumpsuit and extreme bad vibes off my gear from my last super eventful jump and I am there.
I just have to wave some burning smoke stuff over it that I learned from the VooDoo Chicken Foot Man from New Orleans (may he RIP or wonder happily as a zombie, as some say) and I am ready. Once or twice over my head and around my feet with the smoking switches and them I am GOOD........
(Luckily, I do not use my voodoo knowledge for bad only good, so far.....)
Ann ~ www.AirAnn.com
Anyone want a Kitten?

Thats cool, but its in very poor taste for SDHouston to do that the same weekend that the Aggie Skydiving club is having a fundraiser in Aggieland with Pops vs. Pups and they knew damn well that it was the same weekend.
A human cannonball, I rise above it all
Up higher then a trapeze, I can fly

So it is also poor taste that SDH do this the same weekend that SDS has their thing or SDC has theirs or how about SDG or SDD or SDA?
Geee... I just dont know which DZ to go too... eeeeerrrrggggggg
Ann ~ www.AirAnn.com
Anyone want a Kitten?

Yeah, but remember, the Aggies brought them quite a bit of business in the past, too. That and what we're doing is a business thing, like a DZ, we're just trying to raise money for the club. (Although, the DZ we're holding it at will get a little money, not much, though, since the DZO is trying to help us out and is keeping that cost way down this weekend).
Have you seen the state that some of our club gear is in? Its stuff like that is why we're doing the fundraiser competition. That and trying to help fund our way to Collegates.
See, its one thing for the two big businesses (the 2 main Houston DZs) to compete back and forth for business, that is expected. Its another thing when a DZ seems to go out of their way to try to ruin a broke college skydiving club's fundraiser.

Waller has $12.00 jumps once a month

Yes, I know this, I've taken advantage of that the past few months they've had it, mucho fun for not much money.
Do I like Waller? Yes. Do I like the people who jump there, yes. Will I go back there? Yeah, no doubt. What I'm saying is that this weekend was choosen even with the knowledge of PvP going on and I think its in poor taste. Thats all!

Well the way I see it is, if I was going to go to the Aggie fundraiser (which I was never planning on doing) it wouldn't matter what any other DZ is doing I would be going to do that. Just like the people who are going down to spaceland to jump out of the new otter don't give a rats ass what SDH or the aggies have going on.
Trust me if someone was going to do the Aggie thing, they aren't going to suddenly go..."Oh my God!! $12 jumps forget the pops vs pup" No they are going to say "Damn it why couldn't they have done $12 jumps another weekend cause I'm going to the aggie thing."

when a DZ seems to go out of their way to try to ruin a broke college skydiving club's fundraiser.

This drop zone would NEVER do that in a million years. SDH has been home to so many Aggie Skydivers I cant count them all. When you didnt have a dz. You guys came to SDH. And now you have a little DZ and a fundraiser that I heard NOTHING about- and you slam the DZ who flew you.
That is what is called bad taste and for one I never thought of you as one who would say these things much less write them in a public fourm.
The Spaceland or Waller coin toss is really a Houston thing. There are MANY who jump both without predjudice from the DZO's or other skydivers.
If you want to say that one drop zone did something to your fundraiser to make it a lozer fund raising event..... say so after the event and with pertinent facts, but dont catagorically say that a drop zone ruined your fundraiser on purpose before it even takes place. You have no idea who will be at your event this weekend. It could be very possible that you have persons going to both events. Maybe even all three.
How dare you Dave..... we dont bash dz's in here. Nor do we predict the future. I am very sorry that your gear is in such bad shape.
Instead of this statement of yours here now. Please tell us how to fund the Aggie Skydiving Club. You have a fundraiser this weekend? (I had not heard a word) ok. ..... if we cant make it WEATHER or anything else .......... please tell us where we can send donations or support. Donate rigs or jumpsuits, etc......
You would be suprised - but sometimes persons want to donate gear. (I know I have a charity thing) And its a tax deduction.
Think positive.
Ann ~ www.AirAnn.com
Anyone want a Kitten?

Ann, I've posted stuff about the fundraiser here more then once, and there are things up at SDH about it too. We sent e-mails out to the area DZs asking them to help us out and get the word out.
Ann, if you'll notice, I stated that I like Waller, I love the people there and I do appreciate what they have done for us in the past, I just said that IMHO this weekend was in bad taste, thats all. We've also done our share to help Waller out, bringing new students and tandems to that DZ, instead of going to Lexington, Spaceland, San Marcos or any of the other great DZs that can be found in South Texas. I didn't say that they ruined our event, the event hasn't even happened yet, I said that something like that could do just that. Yes, people will come wither there are specials somewhere else or not, but a number of people who weren't set in coming anyways may have come otherwise. I was NOT generally basing a DZ. If I was going to do something like that, I wouldn't have stated that I like that DZ, etc. That doesn't make any sense.
Pops vs. Pups is a fun Aggie skydiving club tradition that we use to try to help raise general funds for the club. That is used for gear maintance/purchase and for funding our trip to Collegates each year.
If someone wanted to help the Aggies, they could donate gear, money, just about anything they can think of to the club. If someone actually does want to do that, I can put them in contact with our club president and I'm sure something could be worked out.
To reiterate, I wasn't trying to DZ bash, I was stating that I thought it was in very poor taste to do something like what I percieve to be going on.

i don't think dave meant any harm to anyone, he was just merely expressing his opinion....just my .02 USD. dave has jumped SDH often, and we look forward to visiting the new dz over there, and look forward to them coming to SDH. there is a good mutual working relationship between both DZO's...
Richard
"Gravity Is My Friend"

Then I totally am sorry that I misunderstood this -
---Its another thing when a DZ seems to go out of their way to try to ruin a broke college skydiving club's fundraiser.---
I have never seen a dz going out of their way to ruin anyones anything. Thats all.
I am sure there is a mutual working relationship between the two dzo's. That is not the issue.
anyway... berrymilk@hotmail .... for donations, information and etc.
Ann ~ www.AirAnn.com
Anyone want a Kitten?