michaelseddon

First solo

I just graduated last year and my first solo was pretty tame, fall, flip, track, pull. Ask some of the more experienced jumpers at your home DZ and also your graduationg instructor for advice, they may be able to tell you something that you may need to work on as yuor career progresses, we never stop learning. Oh and by the way, don't forget to buy your graduating insturctor a case o' beer ;)(their choice of course) watch out for pie and good luck!! YAHOOB|

I'm not afriad of dying, I'm afraid of never really living- Erin Engle

Fun? Flips. Lots of 'em, every-whicha-way. Recover, then repeat. B|

Just keep a CLOSE eye on that altimeter!!!

I have to agree, I dawned pn me that the student TLO's may have been different than mine

Whoohoo! We're at exactly the same point! I hadn't thought about doing something neat for my first solo jump. HmmmB| What to do, what to do... not that there's a lot of options with such limited experience. I wonder how long before different/funky exits are allowed?

Course, anything and everything will be awesome. Just being solo guarantees that it'll be great. No matter what, just have fun!

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
-Robert A. Heinlein

Feel every moment of it -- it's the one that really sets the hook. Feel the hill on exit, look at the clouds and ground in freefall, get a view of the countryside miles around you. Play on the relative wind, like a kitten being tossed in the paws of a mama tiger who would just as soon eat you as play with you. Marvel in this fierce and fantastic thing we do. It's your first chance for it to be just you, the sky, the ground and your rig; no one and nothing else. Savor it.

--Scratch in TX

Feel every moment of it -- it's the one that really sets the hook. Feel the hill on exit, look at the clouds and ground in freefall, get a view of the countryside miles around you. Play on the relative wind, like a kitten being tossed in the paws of a mama tiger who would just as soon eat you as play with you. Marvel in this fierce and fantastic thing we do. It's your first chance for it to be just you, the sky, the ground and your rig; no one and nothing else. Savor it.

WOW. Man, that is a great description, I have to agree, the moment...the exit, the hill, that feeling of about to topple over before the transition, that is where religion begins.

Feel every moment of it -- it's the one that really sets the hook.

You mean more hooked than I aleady am?

I'm going to print out your post, stick it in my logbook. Thanks!

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
-Robert A. Heinlein

Feel every moment of it -- it's the one that really sets the hook.

You mean more hooked than I aleady am?

I'm going to print out your post, stick it in my logbook. Thanks!

...I live for that first step...

The thing about it is that every day is more addictive than the last, it isn't like nicotine where once you get your cigarette your good until your body gets the urge again, this just gets worse, all the way to when you have free time at work you check out the web page of your home DZ, USPA and all related links, no more looking up nudie pix

Hey michael, this is (the other) michael from commandos. On exit do a forward loop, just get into position like you are gonna do a dive out exit, grab your legs behind your knees and 'roll' out...very fun :) Have a look around in freefall as well, on all my student jumps i pretty much just looked at my instructor or the ground but actually looking around at the horizon, clouds, countryside etc put the jump in a new perspective.

...oh yeah buy some gloves as well trust me goin to 10 or 12 grand without gloves in melbournes winter in not fun ;)

lol...it seems as though were following each other each other round.
didn't see you there today (saturday)...could that be because it was blowing 40 knots..hehe...it wasn't to bad actually...alex and cam decided to make a set of flags to swoop between and everyone ended up in the old hut thing playing pong on the tv..lol