canopywhore

chicagoland's jumpers rule

I just wanted to tell everybody something they probably already know. The people at Chicagoland Skydiving rule. In July my girlfriend and I decided to take a vacation to Michigan to visit some of her family. We brought our gear with us of course. We flew in to Chicago and headed straight for Chicagoland. We were signing waivers in street clothes, with our gear in the car, when some skydivers invited us on a 6wayRW. I thought at the time wow they didn't even ask about our jump numbers or experience. The jump went as planned and we pulled off 5 or 6 points. Then came the second jump of the day. I decided I would take advantage of the 50$ bi-plane jumps they were offering. To make a long story short I broke my femur on landing. This is where the jumpers really shined. When the ambulance picked me up(literally) one of the skydivers asked if they would take me to a different hospital than the one they were planning on. They told me it was farther away, but I went with the skydivers recommendation. It turned out that he knew what he was talking about. The hospital I ended up at had orthopedic surgeons on site. I received better care than I would have at home. I received calls from some skydivers the next day and someone from the DZ even came by to see if I needed anything. The people at Chicagoland went out of their way to make us feel at home. I just wanted to say THANK YOU to all of the skydivers at Chicagoland for being so nice to me and my girlfriend. I'm also sorry that I became a statistic at your DZ. And in case anybody is still reading this no I didn't make it to Michigan I was released from the hospital 5 days later and flew home.