mordawdz

half-psycho pack for XF2?

Just got my new main (XF2), and been packing it half-psycho for the last 10 jumps. So far so good, nice openings, constantly on-heading.

I'm just curious if I'm just lucky or if other peeps pack it the same way as I do. I'm the only one packing it like that at my dz... I basically pro-pack it until it's time for the s-folds. Instead, I just put the freebag on the side, roll it and put it in.

Anyone else does the same?!

I do this with my new Safire 2 189, at the suggestion of the rigger at my DZ. I pro-pack as usually but then instead of s-folds I fold it almost in half (bridle attachment folded over almost to grommets) and then in half again. Then I sort of tighten it up by rolling it and containing it, then into the bag it goes. It sounds a lot like what you've been doing except that I fold it twice before rolling.

Seems to work fine! I have an extension on my bridle between my canopy and D-bag, which helps.

The psycho pack is mainly used with new canopies, to help get them in the bag while they are still new and slippery. I've done it a few times and didn't notice any difference in opening really. It might affect your opening characteristics a little but not much.

The XF2 is known for its good opening characteristics. 400 jumps on mine and none have even so much as caught my attention.
"Are you coming to the party?
Oh I'm coming, but I won't be there!"
Flying Hellfish #828
Dudist #52