skymama

Would you object to paying a yearly $25 fee for using the forums?

Anyone who skydives can afford $25 (or whatever similarly trivial amount) per year. It's ridiculous to think otherwise. Nobody has the right to argue a service they use should be free because they enjoy spending their money on whimsical entertainments instead.

If Sangiro DID hypothetically institute a $25/year charge and somebody left because of it, you could accurately infer they valued a year's worth of the site less than a single skydive. Anyone who holds the site in such low esteem probably isn't contributing much anyway.

First Class Citizen Twice Over

you could accurately infer they valued a year's worth of the site less than a single skydive. Anyone who holds the site in such low esteem probably isn't contributing much anyway.

Agreed. In the 2 1/2 years I've been hanging around here, I've learned enough to fill 3 or 4 "Skydiver's Handbooks".

Andrea, great idea....and thanks, Phree, for your great post. Here's where I would normally make my disparaging and smartass remark about someone from Ohio not having the knowledge or insight to make such intelligent statements :P, but that would be far from the truth in this instance.

However, I would disagree with the idea of making the names of contributors a different color.....I think this would promote the wrong kind of peer pressure. I think each one of us knows deep down how much this site means or has meant to them. If each one of us is ultimately responsible for saving our own lives on every jump, we should be smart enough to recognize this chance to show Sangiro our appreciation. And for me, it isn't about helping him defray his monetary investment.....I'll contribute just because of the FANTASTIC job he does with this site, and the enormous amount of hours it costs him every year to do so.

I had always planned on springing for a couple of jump tickets and a few beers if I ever met him in person anyways.

Don